Chapter Forty-Three

You kicked the Hooligan in the stomach causing it to fly backwards and land with a loud thump. It quickly reacted, leaving you almost no time to get back up on your feet. You held the bottom of the lamp close to you. You shrieked as you saw the Hooligan begin to hurl itself at you but then you stared as it disappeared into thin air.
"Those dag-dong things," you looked to your left and saw an African American male holding some type of gun, just like the one the Doctor used when he saved you from the Cyberman.
"Who are you?" You asked, as you still gripped the lamp tightly.
"Mickey. Mickey Smith. And who might you be? " the so-called Mickey asked.
"Y/N L/N. How did you get here?" You curiously asked him an African American women appeared behind him.
"It's a long story. I'm Martha by the way," Martha came up to you and shook your hand.
You didn't say anything and didn't accept her handshake. You had no clue whether or not to trust them or not.
"How's the Doctor doing?" Martha asked, probably hoping to reassure you.
"You know the Doctor?" You questioned her, still holding onto the lamp.
"We were both companions," Mickey told you.
There was an awkward silence. You didn't know what to say.
"Say, you wouldn't happen to know a fellow named Jack would you?" Mickey asked.
"How can I trust you?" You said quietly.
"Parallel worlds. That would almost explain the Doctor's life," Martha chimed in.
"And I happen to be in one right now, wouldn't I?" You asked, doubtfully.
"Where were you before you showed up here?" Mickey asked a group of three other men appeared behind him.
"You wouldn't happen to have come Cuba would you have? Havana?" One of the men asked you. You noticed his scraggly beard, his worn out outfit.
"Exactly where I came from. Well, not originally, but yes, I was there before I was here. In whatever parrarel world this may be," You replied.
"So somehow the Hooligans have managed to take over Cuba..." the man said in a solemn voice.
"You think they caused this?" You asked him, as though if you were double checking. Something in your TimeLady gut that they weren't the cause of all of this.
"Pretty certain. Unless something else pheminominal happened and made portals magically appear," the man droned on.
"I think, I think I know how to fix this," You said, tryning not to sound fearful.
"And how is that?" Mickey questioned you.
You knew how you were going to save the whole world.