Chapter Eight

You had no choice but to follow the Doctor down the stairs. Who ever this "Captain" fellow is, you didn't trust him.

"How come, Doctor, every time I meet up with you I always seem to save your damn life?" You heard the stranger chuckle.

"So what brings you here exactly?" the Doctor changed the subject as he gave the Captain a hug.

"Just dropping by... The usual," the Captain replied.

"Dropping by?" the Doctor implied the Captain's statement.

"No, actually, it's strange. She just started beeping and I clicked the button and here I am. April 2nd, 1944," the Captain said as he pointed to a type of watch he was wearing.

"What do you mean by beeping?" You asked.

"And who might you be?" the Captain asked you as he gave you a sly smile.

"Y/N. And what do you mean by beeping, Captain?" You demanded yet again.

"Here," the Captain flipped the tiny switch and a beeping echoed the palace.

You and the Doctor covered your ears. A high pitched beeping sound erupted from the watch.

"Captain, go forward," You ordered as the Captain looked at you, bewildered.

The Captain took a couple of steps forward. The beeping maintained the same volume.

"Go to the back of the room," you said, the Doctor and the Captain were still both confused.

The Captain did as you told. When he reached the back, you could barely hear the beeping.

The Doctor raised an eyebrow.

"Come towards us again," you told the Captain. Instantly the beeping noise increased.

"Y/N?" the Doctor asked.

"Hold on, Doctor," the Captain said. He spotted a Hooligan outside the window. The Captain held the watch close to window and the beeping was a high pitch shrill.

"It's a tracking device, Doctor! It tracks the Hooligans!" You shouted in excitement.

"Y/N, you're a genius!" the Doctor exclaimed as he gave you a quick kiss on the forehead and rushed over to the Captain. You couldn't help but smile like an idoit.