XIII ~ December

!Vote and comment my loves!

*****

The term was nearing its end as christmas break was just around the corner. It had been snowing for a few weeks leaving the school grounds and castle in a thick layer of snow. The windows were covered in frost and the air crispy. 

Almost everywhere at Hogwarts except the great hall, the transfiguartion- and DADA classroom, and the common rooms were freezing cold, causing loads of the students -even some of the teachers-  to layer their clothing with extra knitted jumpers under their robes. Unfortunately not all classrooms had fireplaces nor a teacher that held it warm.

Most of the students also seemed to be extremly tired, just waiting for break arrive. Asteria had been in the library for the rest of the day before, seeing as she didn't have classes the next morning she could stay up later than usual. She had been staying there finishing some essays until Madam Pince, the librarian, had annoyingly asked her and a few 5th years to leave because it soon was past curfew.

Before she left the library, the hufflepuff had borrowed a muggle book that Hermione had reccomended leaving her on a sofa in the common room for several hours until falling asleep.

She woke up by someone putting the blanket she had lost during the night back on her. A few voices were heard close to the common room door and Asteria recognised them as male voices. She slowly opened her eyes and was met by Cedric who now was making sure the blanket covered her feet. 

As he noticed that the girl had woken up he cleared his throat,

"Oh I'm sorry Asteria, you had fallen asleep and it was freezing and your blanket was on the floor and I didn't wan't you to freeze so I put it back on you but I didn't mean to wake you up and-" He rambled to her.

"Cedric hey it's fine, it was nice of you to do so" She cut him off.

"Oh okay then" A small smile formed on his face.

"What time is it?" 

"It's still pretty early, me and a few friends wanted to go eat early so that we could play some quidditch before the gryffindors has their practice, you're free to join if you'd like." He told her.

"Hah no no, me on a broom, not a good idea. The last times I tried I only hoovered a metre over the ground before I fell off, but thanks anyways" She chuckled