Tᴇɴ

!tw! mentions of death

Incoming call! Nanay Dearest (mom)
🔴

"Hi, mom, how's Chicago?" Lilia said, accepting her mother's call.

"Lilia-" Her mother sighed, her voice cracking slightly.

"Ma?" Lilia asked, sounding worried. Ranboo sensed her distress from the bed, signaling if she was okay or not. She waved him away, walking outside in the cold.

"Mom?" She repeated.

"Lilia- did Dad not tell you?" Her mom sniffled.

"Tell me what?" She said, getting more nervous by the second. She paced the front porch, making footprints in the crisp snow.

"Anak- we're going the Philippines."

"You're what?" She gasped. "Ma, you were just in Chicago! Where is Alec?"

"He's with Ninang Marie, honey, that's not even the worst news." Her mom said sadly.

"What's the worst news?! You left your eight-year-old son with a godmother he doesn't even remember?! There's literally a pandemic right now, and you're going in a different country! What could be the worse?" Lilia raised her voice.

She didn't care if any of her friends hear her. She didn't care if anyone was streaming. All she cared about was her brother's safety, her parent's safety. Her little sister's safety.

"Anak........ patay na si Jessa."

(translation: child........Jessa is dead.)
correct me if im wrong, i use google translate cause i dont wanna ask my parents what it means.

"What?" Lilia whispered. Then louder. "What?! She is ELEVEN, how the f*ck could she have died."

"In a flood." Her mom answered, not caring about the swear word.

"That doesn't- it doesn't make sense. Did she drown?"

"Yes, now we're helping rebuild the place."

"Ma, you can- you can use my bank account for this, my college money." She said quickly, tears spilling faster and faster down her face.

Lilia sat down on the front steps, thying to process the news.

"Anak, it's fine, we- we can- we're fine." Her mom stuttered.

"Mom, please, I have to go now, but use the money please." She said, ending the call.

𓆉

"She's been outside for an hour?" Tubbo asked incredulously. "Is that what we heard from outside?

Ranboo nodded. "Yeah, she was calling her mom, and she sounded pretty......worried?"

"You think it's something with her family?" Purpled wondered.

"I don't know, maybe we should check on her." Niki fretted, wringing her hands together.