Big Kings on Campus

Catherine's POV

I grabbed my backpack before heading into the throne room.

"Hey, guys!" I cheered.

"Hey, Cat! Don't you think you're a bit overdressed? We're about to get hosed down with orange juice." Brady said.

"I'm not dressed for breakfast. I'm dressed for my first day back at school!" I exclaimed. 

"Where's your sister?" Boomer asked me.

"She actually chooses to be homeschooled while I go to the island's school. She learns and trains and does political stuff while I study math, science, history, and the basic stuff." I explain.

"School? Ugh. Well, since we're kings and we aren't obligated to go to school, I think we should ban the "S" word." Brady said causing me to chuckle.

"I concur. Let's also ban the words 'teacher,' 'homework," and... 'concur.'"  Boomer added.

"Where's my friend? I do not wanna be late..." I say, looking towards the door.

"'Friend.'" Boomer chuckled at me. "Is she a brunette? Is she into kings? Is she a dude?!" 

I quickly turn around to see a figure behind me, holding his arms out for a hug.

"Tristian! You made it!" I exclaim before pulling him into a hug

"Totes! I just said hi to your sister too, she was in the plaza! But I just finished extreme kayaking. Some people flirt with danger. I take it on a date and make it pay. " He said and I chuckled because that was a ridiculous analogy.  

"Who and what the heck are you?" Brady asks, kinda defensively.

"Brady, Boomer, this is one of my really good friends, Tristan. Except I never get to see him 'cause he's always traveling!" I shoved him on the shoulder.

"Yup, but like two vines intertwined in this unruly rainforest of life, we have now come back together." Tristan said before poking my stomach, causing me to laugh. I push him off playfully and push my hair back behind my ear.

"Okay..." Brady groans. "What say we, uh, keep our vines to ourselves?"

"Come on, we're gonna be late. I'll see you boys later, bye!" I give them both a quick hug.

Tristan holds out his arm to me so I wrap my own around his. 

"I can't wait to tell you about the sunsets in the Himalayas." He tells me as we walk out the door.

-----

Brady's POV

"This is about trying to keep that Tristan guy away from Cat!" Boomer accuses me causing me to scoff.

"No... Yes, of course, it is!" I admit. "I've been trying everything to get Cat to notice me! Combing my hair, brushing my teeth, showering every other day, with soap!" I say.

"Believe it or not, she does notice those things. I think you should just tell her how you really feel." Boomer says.

"I mean, maybe she has noticed me but I'm not telling her because that gives her the chance to reject me. Then we'd never end up together." I tell him, trying not to feel upset. 

"Well, with your way, you never end up together either." Boomer shoots back. 

"But no rejection!" I defend. "Now, you see the genius?"

"Okay, I'll go to school with you... but it'll cost ya." Boomer said.

-----

Catherine's POV