Junga Ball

[]The Brady Bunch episode was skipped over since it was an episode about the Kings.]

Catherine's POV

I walked into the throne room only to see my Dad, Boomer, and Brady on the couch. Brady had an ice bag up to his chest and he was groaning.

"What happened?" I asked out, going over to Brady's side and sitting next to him. 

"Junga Ball." Dad simply put and it all made sense.

"Oh... he thought it was basketball and then got hit by a screamer, didn't he?" I guess, earning a nod from my Dad.

"Okay. Just so we're clear for the lawsuit, the dude who swung in on a vine and broke my ribs is called a screamer?" Brady inquired. 

"That's funny because I remember you were the one doing the screaming. 'Ow, my spleen! Ow, my spleen!'" Boomer chuckled, making me hit his arm.

"Screamers defend the goal, and can blindside you at any time." I informed them.

"There's also a piranha pool, iron spikes to dodge, and strikers who punch you in the chest when you commit a foul." Dad added with excitement.

"What, no snakes?" Brady mocked.

"Only in overtime. Yeah, we drop them from the balloon... It's a great game." Dad chuckled happily. "It'll toughen you up. Turns boys into men."

"Those spikes look like they could turn men into women." Boomer replied.

"That's an old jungle myth. Now go get changed." Dad instructed them.

"Changed for what?" Brady asked.

"Practice. You two are gonna be on the team against the island of Kipi Kipi for the big Junga Cup." Dad answered. 

"Us on a team? It must be some mistake." Boomer spoke up.

"Yeah, you know, we've never actually been on a team before. Back in Chicago, nobody ever picked us." Brady explained.

"And it wasn't just sports. We never even got to play hide-and-seek. We'd hide, but no one would seek." Boomer added.

"That's horrible..." I say.

"It was a lonely two days behind that dumpster..." Brady sat down all sad.

"Well, cheer up! You're getting picked now! In fact, you're the captains." I exclaim.

"'Captains?'" Both Brady and Boomer asked simultaneously. 

"The king has always been team captain and since there's two of you, double trouble! You get to pick the players and everything." I say, trying to lift their spirits.

"Oh..." Brady says in awe.

"Do we get to wear captain hats?" Boomer asked.

"Oh, oh, can we steer the ship?" Brady quickly asked after. 

"Not sea captains... team captains." Dad tells me.

"Oh." Brady says upset. "King conference." 

They walk to the other side of my dad, which didn't do much as we could still hear them. 

"I mean, I really wanna be a sea captain." Brady admits.

"Look, I know. Me too. But what do you think about this Junga Ball?" Boomer asks.

"I mean, I know it sounds dangerous, but I think we should play. You know, we could be great at it, we just don't know it yet because no one ever gave us a chance." Brady says.