Oh Brother, Where Arr Thou?

Catherine's POV

It was around noon and Dad decided that Mikayla and I should start training Brady and Boomer in defense, specifically Mummy defense.

My Dad eventually found out about that incident because we all told him different things when he asked about my bruise and scratch. He wasn't too happy about it but was glad we were all home safe.

Mikayla and I walked up the stairs and into the boys' room.

"All right, Your Majesties, it's time for your mummy defense course!" Mikayla announced as soon as we entered.

"No 'hello?' No 'good morning?' No 'I love you?'" Brady mocked but whispered the last one under his breath.

"I'm sorry, Brady. Good morning, I hope you slept okay. You too, Boomer." I wished, giving them each a gentle smile.

"Thank you, Cat. I slept well, but how are you? Are your arm and neck better?" Brady asked me, looking at the bruise on my arm.

"I'm fine and they're fine, but that's part of the reason why Mikayla and I are here. We've been sent on more training duty." I state, rubbing my bruise.

"Yesterday, we taught you guys some defensive moves. Now, today's lesson is about the hidden weapons throughout the castle." My sister explained.

"Too bad I can't hide my guns. Boom, boom, pow!" Brady flexed causing me to giggle. I walk over to the wall and Mikayla walks to the Pool table.

"In addition to Your Majesty's guns, the wall-lights contain secret swords." I say and then pull one out to demonstrate.

"Wait, there are swords in the wall? What's in the toilet? I need to know!" Boomer asked frantically but my sister and I ignored him.

"And pool cues can be used as deadly bo staffs!" My sister cheers a little too excitedly.

"Yo, I got this. It's just like the drill team. Not that I was ever on it..." Brady trails off.

He tried to spin the pool cue but ends up smashing the pot next to him.

"Yeah, uh, drill team lost that year." Boomer says causing Brady to hit him with his hand.

"Let's just focus on the defensive moves we taught you yesterday." I instruct them.

"Okay, hold up." Brady scoffs. "I mean, I know it's your job to teach us how to fight and all but I can't hit a girl. Especially one with perfect, dandruff-free hair..." Brady looks at me dreamily.

I quickly took the pool cue from him and did some moves, saying "Boom, boom, pow!" I hit him on the shoulder with the cue on "pow."

But what was strange was that both Brady and Boomer held their arms in pain and said "Ow!"

"What was that?" Mikayla asked.

"That was our "twinstincts." Sometime Boomer can feel my pain." Brady explains.

"Does it happen the other way too, I mean, does Brady feel your pain sometimes, Boomer?" I ask him.

"Ooh, let's find out!" Mikayla states, pulling the cue back to try and hit Boomer but he stops her before she can hit him.

"Know where you're going. Not gonna happen." He protested, then grabbed his own pool cue off the table and tried to do some moves of his own.

Boomer ended up hitting himself in between the legs with the pool cue, causing both boys to lean over in pain and groan.

"Ouch..." I grimaced.

"Low blown!" Brady yelled in a high-pitched voice.

"Okay... that's enough training for the day." I say and my sister nods her head in agreement.