Revenge of the Mummy

Catherine's POV

I walked into the throne room with my sister only to stop in confusion. I looked at my sister and saw her making the same confused face.

Before us were the kings, snoring and dead asleep.

"Aww, they look so peaceful... Waka Waka!!!" Mikayla screamed, scaring them awake.

Both of the Kings shrieked and Boomer screamed, "I like pancakes!"

I looked over to Boomer with a 'Really?' look and he rolled his eyes at me.

"Good morning. You two have a little pajama party?" My sister mocked.

"Sleepwalking. It's a twin thing. You wouldn't understand." Boomer explains.

"Like when you scratch, and Brady shakes his leg?" I ask, knowing I'm right.

"We don't do that." Brady defends him and his brother.

They start to walk away only for Brady to start shaking his leg as his brother scratches his head. Both kings walk back upstairs to their room.

"This is not good!" My dad says, coming into the room in a rush.

"I know. Now that morning king-stink is down here." Mikayla states and I nudge her, telling her that that's not what he was talking about.

"No, it's the bat medallion. I can't find it, and I've looked everywhere." Dad states.

"What?!" Both my sister and I exclaimed.

"If the medallion falls in the wrong hands, it could lead to a century of darkness!" I say, fear crawling up my throat.

"You didn't lose it, did you, Daddy?" Mikayla asks him.

"I don't know, baby. I got a bad feeling about this. Wait, you don't think the kings would take it, do you?" Dad asked us.

We all shared an all-knowing look, knowing that they probably had something to do with it going missing.

We all run upstairs to their room and before I can say anything, Mikayla has them both shoved up against the pool table using a pool stick.

"Tell me what you did with the bat medallion, or you can forget about your good-boy cake!" Mikayla demanded.

"Uh, when you say 'bat,' do you mean the kind with wings or the kind you play baseball with?" Boomer asks, pushing the pool stick away from him and his brother.

"She means the kind with wings. Have you seen the medallion?" Dad asked them.

"When you say 'medallion,' do you mean the necklace or the chunks of beef you get at the nice restaurants?" Brady asked.

"Necklace." Dad stated, getting up in his face.

I was hoping with everything that I had that they knew where it was, otherwise, we'll be in deep trouble.

"Oh, well, we haven't seen it since Mikayla told us not to touch it. I hope you didn't lose it!" Boomer states, passing the blame back to my Dad.

I brought my hands up and ran them down my face, my anxiety growing by the minute. Since neither we nor the kings know where it is... things could go bad very quickly, but I knew I had to think logically, think of the positives, and I had just the thing to put my hope into.

"It's still okay, Daddy. If the medallion was in the wrong hands, the kings would have the vision dream." I turn to the kings. "You haven't been having vision dreams, have you?" I ask, afraid of the answer.

"Well, you're a vision, and I dream of you." Brady says before winking at me. I attempt to push down a blush. Key word: attempt.

"We're four stories up. Do you really wanna push that button?" My Dad warns him.