~The Butterfly Effect~

A tiny butterfly flapping it's wings today could cause a devastating hurricane weeks from now.

The smallest decision can dramatically change the future.

Each decision triggers a butterfly effect.

Your choices will make up this story.

Your story is one of the many possibilities.

Make decisions wisely.

Your choices will define the lines between life and death.

And you, (Y/N) (L/N), are one of the nine protagonist of this story.

Before your story begins though, I'd like to get a few things out of the way:

First of all, I'll be using they/them pronouns for you. This is to validate everyone; rather they be a girl, a boy, non binary, genderfluid or possibly even use neo pronouns. After the main story ends, I might release the story with she/her and he/him pronouns too

Second of all; this story contains themes of violence, blood, death, explicit language and potentially more (Warnings will be added here if there are more.). Take this into consideration and only go through with reading this if you feel comfortable with it.

Additionally, after every chapter, I'll display your stats in written form. I'll also display a list of totems, clues you've discovered, and butterfly effects relevant to that chapter in order to help you with your decisions.

-With every choice, your character traits and character relationships will change.

-Okay, choices this choices that! But how do you make your decisions? At the end of every chapter or so, you'll be presented with a choice that'll affect the outcome of the story. Simply comment which choice you prefer. I'd love to see your reasoning for choosing what you do so if you want to please do comment that too! If you don't feel comfortable commenting publicly for whatever reason, feel free to dm me! Majority vote'll decide which option will be taken. Additionally; if there are no comments with choices, I'll be making the decision myself.

-It is possible to get into a relationship with any one character or none at all. Your choices will decide.

-Throughout the plot, you'll be able to uncover clues and totems. Clues are exactly as they sound. Totems however display a prophecy. There are five different totems.

Black totems are known as death totems. They hint at the possible death of the finder.
White totems are known as fortune totems. They show a possible fortunate event happening to someone.
Brown totems are know as loss totems. They display the possible future death of a friend.
Red totems are known as danger totems. They show a possible danger taking place.
Yellow totems are known as guidance totems. They offer guidance to the finder and their companions.

The biggest piece of advice I can give you right now is to take the totems into notice.

-I'm going to offer you a few tips before showing your stats. Good luck.

~Nature must remain in balance. Try not to damage animals.
~Sometimes doing nothing is the right thing to do.
~That being said, sometimes acting upon impulse is the right thing to do.
~Try to keep character relationships high. You never know when your life might be in danger and you'll have to rely on someone to help you.
~The more clues you find, the more you'll uncover the secrets of the mountain.

Your character stats:

(Y/N) (L/N): Intelligent, Loyal, Resourceful

Honest: 6/10 Ashley: 6/10 Butterfly Effects: -
Charitable: 8/10 Chris: 8/10 Mystery Man Clues: -
Funny: 4/10 Emily: 5/10 The Twins Clues: -
Brave: 3/10 Jess: 4/10 1952 Clues: -
Romantic: 5/10 Josh: 5/10 Totems: -
Curious: 5/10 Matt: 7/10
Mike: 7/10
Sam: 8/10

And so your story begins.