~Cut In Half~

There is a brief scene of throwing up in this chapter and mentions of it later on. If you wish to avoid it, you can skip the part from "And the sight before you sent you crashing back down to the ground to throw up." to "You wiped your mouth with your sleeve as you sat up.". There are other brief mentions of it later on.

Chapter 8: Cut In Half

6 hours and ten minutes until dawn

The majority has selected option 3.

Status Update

Your honest trait has gone up slightly. (Now 6.5/10)

Your charitable trait has gone down slightly. (Now 8.5/10)

NEW butterfly effect

...And Which One Will Die: (Y/N) chose to kill Josh.

You didn't know what to do. How could you be expected to just...sacrifice one of your friends like this? It was psychopathic, barbaric! Everyone was screaming, and the saw was still going and you had to do something before all three of them-

And then you finally made a decision.

God, I'm so sorry Josh...

You couldn't pick between any of your friends like that but something in you just decided that it had to be Josh. You couldn't let that happen to Chris, or to Ash, or to Josh for that matter but there was just this feeling in you that this is what had to happen.

Tears starting to make their way down your cheeks, you outstretched a shaky hand towards the lever. The yelling increased in volume and you almost pulled your hand back.

"(Y/N) PLEASE! DON'T LET ME DIE, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!"

"THIS IS MADNESS! PLEASE NO!"

"NO NO NO LET US OUT OF HERE YOU MANIAC!"

Your hand clasped the cold head of the lever and your shaking jerked it slightly in different directions. 

"I'M SO SORRY JOSH!"

Before you could even think about changing your mind (you knew that that would only put you in a worse situation); you pulled the lever down to the right, sealing Josh's fate.

Relationship update:

Your relationship with Josh has decreased significantly. (Now 3/10)

Your relationship with Chris has strengthened. (Now 9.5/10)

Your relationship with Ashley has strengthened significantly. (Now 7.5/10)

"NO (Y/N) PLEASE DON'T DO THIS! PLEASE!"

Josh's screams make the guilt inside of you intensify by tenfold and you feel so bad for dooming him. Ashley was muttering thank you through sobs and Chris kept repeating one word: no. The sight made you break down even more and you only just managed to keep yourself standing by clenching your hands around the wire fence as much as you could. How could you, or anyone else for that matter, just play God in your friends' lives like this?!

"I'M SO SO SORRY!"

The saw continued forward at an alarming rate and you almost forgot how to breath as your crying intensified. Chris was sobbing, Ashley was hanging her head to the side and Josh was still begging you to save him.

The saw changed tracks with a clicking sound that set everything into stone.

"Ah...I see. You've chosen...to kill Josh."