~Perfect Storm~

Chapter 9: Perfect Storm

6 hours until dawn

The majority has selected option 1

Status Update

Your curious trait has gone up. (Now 6/10)

Your charitable trait has gone up slightly. (Now 9/10)

Your brave trait has gone down slightly. (Now 4.5/10)

Relationship Update

Your relationship with Emily has increased slightly. (Now 7.5/10)

Your relationship with Chris has strengthened slightly. (Now 10/10)

Your relationship with Ashley has strengthened slightly (Now 8/10)

NEW butterfly effect

Two Sides of the Same Coin: (Y/N) went with Chris and Ashley to look for Sam.

You had to pull yourself together. What you saw, what you did, was horrific, and that would be an understatement, but things were gonna get even worse if you didn't get out of here right now.  That killer, that Psycho...He'd be back any second now to finish the job-

No.

Priorities. Help and Sam.

Emily and Matt are already going to get help. I should stick with Chris and Ash...Look for Sam...

"Yeah...Yeah, we'll go to the lodge." You said to Emily. "We'll find Sam...Warn her..."

Emily nodded firmly, glancing from you to Ashley to Chris. They were both still shaken up terribly, but less so. Chris seemed to be keeping it together better than Ash, but neither were doing particularly well.

Emily grabbed Matt's hand.

"Come on Matt." She looked at you. "Good luck."

You smiled weakly.

"Yeah, you too..."

As the two headed back down the way they'd came, Matt turned to look back at you.

"Stay safe."

"You too..."

You stood for a moment, watching as they disappeared back into the woods. 

Okay...That's that...

You really hoped they'd be safe out on their own, and that you would too. While splitting up was never usually a good idea and often got characters killed in things like horror games and movies, the five of you couldn't just go off to get help and leave Sam all alone with no warning or go find her and abandon all means of getting help. It was necessary.

You really hoped this wouldn't blow up in your face.

Deciding not to waste another second hanging around this...murder shed with your friend's literal dead body, you took in a deep breath to calm your nerves (not that it helped) and faced your companions.

"We should go...We gotta get back to the lodge."

Chris stood up a little straighter and took on a determined expression. It failed to mask the fear in his eyes, but he was trying. You, on the other hand, were trying very hard not to focus on all the blood staining his glasses.

"Yeah...Let's go."

Ashley just nodded, biting down on her lip.

"I can't believe he's gone..."