~White Noise~

The story will get graphic from this point on. Heed the warnings in the introductory chapter and, while you can stop reading at any point, if you feel uncomfortable you may wish to stop reading from this point on.

Chapter 5: White Noise

7 hours and 50 minutes until dawn

The majority has selected option 2.

Status Update

Your charitable trait has gone up slightly. (Now 9/10)

Your curious trait has gone down. (Now 5/10)

Your relationship with Ashley has loosened slightly. (Now 5.5/10)

Your relationship with Chris has strengthened slightly.  (Now 8.5/10)

Your relationship with Josh has strengthened. (Now 7/10)

NEW butterfly effect:

The First Trial: (Y/N) went to find Josh on their own.

"Actually...I think I'm gonna go check on Josh. Any idea of which way he went?"

Ashley frowned as all three of you went down the stairs (because of course the multimillion dollar Washington Lodge had a three floored study). 

"He seemed like he wanted to be alone though...He really freaked out on us."

Yeah, if whatever happened here happened to me I'd be freaked out and run off too.

"Yeah well, if what happened here was as bad as you said then I don't know if I want to leave him alone on the anniversary of his sisters' disappearance."

You responded as you came to a stop.

You felt bad enough about last year as it was and the thought of Josh being even more upset? He'd organized this getaway to honour his sisters and have some fun. You were sure this wasn't how any of you wanted the night to go.

Chris shared his head in a flustered manner before pointing to the door.

"He...uh...just went through there. Stormed out on us. It's probably best you check on him while we go see what's in the library." He sighed. "If there is anything."

You nodded.

"Okay, stay safe."

"You too."

"Bye (Y/N)..."

"See you in a few."

With that, you pulled back open the door you'd entered through. Chris and Ashley continued their way to the library. 

This place is so freaking dark.

Turning on your phone flashlight, you walked through the side room and then through the kitchen. Everything was silent, as if time itself was frozen, and there was no sign of Josh.

Goddamnit where is he

"Josh..?"

You called into the kitchen. No reply.

"Okay..."

You opened another door, which luckily opened into the grand room. No trace of Josh in here as well. In fact, no sign of anyone at all. 

"Josh..?"

Something felt off. It was way too silent, way too calm, and there was just this feeling in the air. Something was wrong.