~Search for a Friend~

Chapter 10: Search for a Friend

6 hours until dawn

The majority has selected option 2

Status update

Your brave trait has gone down slightly. (Now 4/10)

Butterfly effect update

Two Sides of the Same Coin: (Y/N) went with Chris and Ashley to look for Sam - The three searched for Sam inside the lodge.

The more you thought the more the idea of going back outside scared you. Josh had just died (at your hands as well) and you were considering going back outside? 

Absolutely not. Sam's probably in the lodge anyway. We just have to find her.

"Down we go then."

You stated grimly. Ashley looked like she was about to cry any second but she agreed regardless. You and Chris took the lead while she brought up the rear, flashlights in each of your hands.

All of a sudden, you heard a sequel from behind you. Whipping around, heart skipping a beat, you saw Ashley standing a safe distance away from a lit candle. One that previously was not lit, you realized with a start.

"Did that just happen..?"

You rubbed your head, grimacing.

"What the fuck..?"

"Damnit, what is going on around here?"

No other strange encounters awaited you as you went down the stairs, wood creaking beneath your shoes. You hadn't been down on this floor in a long time, not since last year. It still kept the cinema room you'd admired in awe back then except now it felt almost clouded by cold and fear. 

The Washingtons and their big freaky lodge on their big freaky mountain...

As Chris moved on to the cinema room, Ashley tugged at your arm lightly. You allowed her to steer you over to the side.

"(Y/N)...I just wanted to say..." She glanced down, her voice a nervous whisper. "What happened back there, in the shed...I know how hard that was."

Your heart sank at her words at the mention of what had happened in the shed. There was a part of you that regretted that decision. Because of you, Josh, one of your closest friends, was dead. You'd killed him. But at the same time, one of them had to die, or most likely all of you would have. You hated what you'd had to do, you hated what you'd seen and most of all you hated the psychopath that had forced you all into it.

You took Ashley's hand gently.

"Ashley-"

Her other hand clasped over yours quickly.

"No!" She panics, voice dragging. "I want to say- I mean, thank you! Thank you for saving my life! I know you and Josh were close and...Just, thank you."

You sighed, picking your words carefully.

"I couldn't just let the two of you die. I just couldn't."

You allow your face to break out into a sliver of a smile, looking into her tired eyes.

Relationship update

Your relationship with Ashley has strengthened slightly. (Now 8.5/10)

"Let's get back to Chris."

"Yeah..."

The cinema room seemed to have nothing out of the ordinary upon entrance but, a moment later something crunched under your foot.