~After Them~

(Quick A/N before we start: Italics could mean one of two things. It either signifies that there's a butterfly effect/status update, or that the sentences in italics are your thoughts.)

Prologue Part 2: After Them
The majority has selected option one.

Butterfly effect update:
A Prank's Fallout: Y/N chose to go after Hannah and Beth.

Status update:
Your bravery trait has gone up (Now 4/10).
Your curiosity trait has gone up (Now 6/10)
Your relationship with Josh has improved. (Now 6/10).

You couldn't just let them run off like that. If something bad happened, you'd never forgive yourself.

"Okay guys...I'm gonna go after them."
You zipped up your coat, preparing to run after them.

"Y/N that's not a good idea..."
You heard one of your friends comment.
"You shouldn't just run off into the woods like that..."
Someone else said.

You whipped around suddenly.
"Yeah? Well it's our fault Hannah and Beth ran off into the woods anyway, which isn't a smart decision at all but Hannah ran off anyway!"

You had to act fast. You sighed, rubbing your temple briefly.
"I have my phone. I'll call if something goes wrong. If we're not back in ten minutes, call me. If I don't answer, then...Oh God, I don't know, call the cops I guess!" (A/N: Not that the cops do anything. ACAB.)

You didn't give them a chance to respond. Running the way Hannah and Beth went, you spared a glance behind you.
"I'll be back!"
You screamed, though you feared they might not have to heard you over the snow.
"Be safe!"
Someone called after you.

Yeah, hopefully.

Wind whipped through your (h/l) hair and scenery blurred as you raced through the snowy woods. You didn't bother with your phone's light for now, there was no fork in the road or place to search.

Jumping over a stray log, you continued your search for Hannah and Beth.

I knew that prank was a bad idea! I just hope they're fine. I mean...they couldn't have gotten far so they have to be right?

You paused as fire flared in the far distance.
"Oh shit...What's that..?"
Whatever it was, it didn't look good. You'd better hurry.

A few minutes later, the path deviated to the left and the right. Both paths had footprints leading on.

Which way...

You briefly contemplated before choosing to go right. It just...felt right...you suppose. Your boots crunched in the snow as you continued your chase. You followed the footprints. They had to lead somewhere right?

Something felt off. You couldn't quite place it but the night had a horrible feeling to it. Maybe it was the guilt starting to build up in you, maybe was something else. Regardless it felt like this wasn't gonna end well.

The path you decided to take lead out to an opening, the footprints still going forward.

No sign of Hannah or Beth...Oh no...

It was dark. Too dark to go on without a light source. You pulled out your phone quickly and flashed on the light.

Thank God it's fully charged

You slowly walked around, looking for any sign of your friends. Nothing so far. It was all trees, trees and more trees.

Nothing here.

You continued on following the footprints but it was to no avail. It just felt like you were going in circles.

Until you weren't. There was a wooden bridge ahead of you and the prints continued after that.