~Reunions and Arguements~

Chapter 2: Reunions and Arguements
Nine and a half hours until dawn

The majority has selected option 2.

Butterfly Effect Update:
Choice Between Friends: (Y/N) stayed with Jess.

Status Update:
Your relationship with Jess has improved slightly (Now 4.5/10)

Well, you might as well stay with Jess. You wouldn't want her to be lonely.

"Uh yeah I'll stay with Jess for a bit."
You said, shrugging and heading to sit down on the bench next to the door.

Jess smiled happily while Sam and Chris just shrugged.
"Suit yourself. See you up there (Y/N)."
Sam said.

"See ya!"
You waved as the two walked around the station and up the path to the lodge. Jess waves as well before sighing in a satisfied manner.

"And then there were two..."
The blonde strutted over to you slowly before sitting down.
"Indeed there were. Are. Whatever tense I'm supposed to use there."
Both of you giggled and then fell into a comfortable silence.

You gazed around at the array of other benches in the area and also gazing at the view beyond the railing.

It's so beautiful up here...

"So Em and Mike broke up huh?"
Jess said. You diverted your attention from the view and instead turned to her.

"Oh yeah. She called me last Saturday and told me. She just whined about how big of a bitch Mike is for two hours. Then Mike called 10 minutes after and whined about the exact same thing. Hey, they both looked pretty happy about the breakup so who am I to judge. Did Em not call you or something? You guys were pretty good friends."

The girl narrowed her eyes in disgust and nodded.
"Ew no. We drifted apart after what happened."
She didn't elaborate further.

That sums it up pretty well I guess. I mean, the two of them did come up with the idea of the prank.

"What happened changed a lot of relationships."
"It did. But hey you're still great with everyone!"
You laughed, turning a bit red.
"I guess I am. I feel like I've sort of been everyone's rock in this situation and don't get me wrong I'm perfectly happy with that. Traumatic events can make or break bonds and I'm just choosing the former."

"Well I still don't understand how you're good with Em!"
Jess said, emphasizing the Em part and lightening the mood.
"Meh. She's not that bad when you let her boss you around once or twice. Do what she wants a few times and she'll tone it down a bit."
You raised your eyebrows.

"Woah you seem to have everyone all figured out."
She tilted her head to the side tauntingly. You gave her a "Well duh" look.
"It happens when you observe everyone."
"So you're some kind of super spy?"

You put a finger to your lips.
"Nobody must know. Jokes aside, I know enough about everyone in our friend group to write a Burn Book."
Jess' lip quirked up.
"What, like from Mean Girls?"
You hummed, signalling yes.

"I...forever fear you now."
Jess slid a little bit away from you jokingly.
"As you absolutely should."
You nodded sharply.

"Speaking of fearing people, I am so done with Chris and Josh sending earrape memes at 2 am!"
She strained.
"Ugh, tell me about it! I wake up in the middle of the night only to see like thirty texts from the group chat. Those two even spam me in the my DMs! Like look at this!"

You pulled out your phone from your right pocket as Jess leaned over your shoulder. You opened your DM with Josh and scrolled up, displaying all the videos sent in the middle of the night.