Chapter 1: Trophy Of War

"Who are you?" I coldly ask the man who is kneeling in front of me. 

I noticed that his shoulders are trembling. I sighed "What's your name?" I asked again. But this time, I made my tone more gentle. 

He can't be an assassin right? I mean who would dare to kill the most powerful woman of the Aurelia kingdom? They must be a fool digging their own graves. "Y-your Majesty," The blonde man said.

I crawled to my bed to take a closer picture of him. Well, not bad, He looks like an innocent angel. He is very handsome. I pity my previous world for lacking some handsome man, If I would take this man on earth I'm sure dozens of women would be willing to marry him.

"R-riel" I heard him uttered.

"Hmmm? What did you say?" I asked him again. I took a piece of grape on a bowl at the table beside my bed. "Repeat it," I said.

Why is he so shy? It's not like I am teasing him or bullying him. Wait, is my aura as Alarice that terrifying?

"My name's..." He started talking again. "A-ariel..." 

"Ariel..." I whispered. "It sounds familiar..."

I suddenly remember the red-haired mermaid. I tried not to laugh when I remembered that Princess. When I was just a kid I always watch that Disney film.

Hmm, Good old times.

"I am Your Majesty's 6th concubine!" He said. 

My body froze when I heard him said that. The grapes on my hands almost fell.

He said he is a concubine? Then what is he doing here? Sh*t, I can't remember my aide telling me that I have to spend my nighttime to a concubine! W-wait! this handsome man will serve me this night?

NO! Geez, I can't believe I'm having this type of thought.

But could it be...

"What do you mean by 'Don't throw me away?' I can't remember I ordered someone to throw someone away" I said. Ariel raised his head, his eyes were watery that I almost deemed myself as a criminal for making him upset.

So bright!

"Divorce," He said, making me surprised. "Your Majesty! Please do not divorce me"

I almost cough blood. AH! NO! So bright! Why do you have to be so handsome while pleading with me? Alarice! I thought your eyes are immune to handsomeness! But what is this?

I motioned my hands. "Ugh! Can you turn around for a moment?"

"Does Her Majesty find me ugly? I will do everything to make myself more beautiful just don't throw me away" 

No! Don't misunderstand me. Oh, dear!

"No need. Just do as I say" I said as  I try to compose myself. The man turned around like a dejected puppy. "When did you hear it?" I asked.

"A-awhile ago" he replied. "Please do not be mistaken, Your Majesty! It was an accident. I didn't mean to eavesdrop..."

I scratched my cheeks while staring at his back, his platinum golden hair is so majestic. If he is a girl he would be prettier than my appearance as Alarice.

"No problem. It wasn't really my intention to hide it. Soon I will tell the news to my whole harem" I replied. 

My eyes are still locked on his back. My eyes fell on his nape. His back looks manly but his face is angelic. 

Am I really in Aurelia Empire? Truck-kun! Are you sure you didn't send me to heaven?

Come to think of it. I wonder how do the other men in my harem look like?

"In addition. Isn't better to come back to your own kingdom?" I asked.

Ariel fell into silence. "Your Majesty..." He said. "Didn't you... forgot?" He turned around to face me. "Among the men in your kingdom. I am the only slave who entered into your harem, Your Majesty"

Only... Slave...?

Does it means...

He's a schemer?! He seduced the previous Alarice with his innocent face?!

Ah no! That only happens in drama and novels.

But aren't I inside a novel?!

Ugh! Alarice! Compose yourself! Don't think such trashy things.

Hmmph! This is all that truck-kun's fault.

"I was a victim of war, Your majesty" Ariel suddenly uttered. "I was a slave of the Princess of the kingdom that you brought down. When her majesty won the war against my previous owner..." he continued "You took me and promised me to become your concubine"

I froze when a memory of this body suddenly flashed into my mind. I touched my head when I felt my head aching. 

"Your Highness? Are you alright?" Ariel worriedly asked. 

"I'm fine" I replied. "I can remember it now," I said. "You are the most valuable treasure of that bitchy princess and I took you as my trophy" 

In Alarice's memory, I saw the pitiful face of Ariel at the hands of that princess. 

He was a slave from another country.

Because of his angelic appearance, he was deemed as a rare beauty. He suffered in the hands of that princess, but when the Empress of the Aurelia kingdom won against that kingdom, everything changed.

For the first time, Alarice was enchanted by the face of this man and she decided not to kill him and brought him to her kingdom as a trophy.

I slapped my forehead when I saw that on this body's memories.

"T-that's why Your Majesty! Please don't throw me away!" Ariel said in a begging tone. "I will do everything that Your Majesty will ask"

This is quite problematic. If I will divorce this man, he will surely suffer again. My heart cannot take it! How could I let that happen?

But what about me if I would not divorce them?

This is so complicated. Should I just stay instead and not divorce my harem?

I just motioned my hands "Fine, Fine. Let me think about it. I will consider your request, but you should not rejoice because I haven't made up my decisions yet" I announced.

Ariel's face became brighter when he heard that. He bows at me a few times while uttering his thank you's to me. "Thank you, Your Majesty!"

"Stop doing that. Will you? Stand up and go to your room already" I said.

His face flushed in red. "Y-yes, Your Majesty" He quickly turned around while taking a peek at me a few times. "I shall leave now, Your Majesty"

"Good" I replied.

I let my body plumped into my bed when he went out.

Hmmph! That blonde-haired man is making my decision weaker!