Chapter 5: His Wife

Ariel

Ariel became silent when his wife went away to change her clothes. His face is blushing and he couldn't help but fall on his knees to the ground while covering his blushing cheeks. "M-my wife is too good to me," he uttered.

Ariel scanned his eyes at the bedroom of his wife.

It's still hard to believe that Ariel's life changed drastically when Her Majesty the queen entered his life. His life was never good. It was full of suffering. 

His wife might be cold, but Ariel could only see warmth to her.

'If you will have a good wife, make her fall deeply to you.'

'Women are all beasts, if you can't please your wife well, you will lose her.'

'Make sure  that you are the only person she sees as her man.'

Ariel stopped thinking when he suddenly remembered his father's advice to him. Women are vicious. He has already experienced it in his past. They only want men's bodies for pleasure, but the Empress is different.

She doesn't like men.

But Ariel only has beauty, he doesn't even know if he can give her anything other than that. The Empress told him that she likes his beauty, but other than that, what else could he possibly give?

 A sad smile appeared on his face as he remembered his father. 

When Ariel was only a child, a noblewoman took his father away. Ariel never met his mother because his father told him that she left them after giving birth to him. 

After many years, his father find out that his mother married another man.

Ariel was sold as a slave after he lost his father. Since he inherited his father's beauty and his mother's golden hair, many people took their liking on him. 

One of those people was the previous owner of Ariel.

The Princess that was killed by the Empress.

Ariel sat on a chair politely as he waits for his wife to come out. His angelic face blushed when he remembered that he was currently in the room of his wife.

Ariel truly admired the Empress. Because of her, he was able to escape the fate of a slave. Other than that, his wife treats him better. After entering her palace, no one ever dared to treat him the same way that he experienced before.

All of this happened because of His Empress.

He must do something for her.

'I want to Divorce my Husbands.'

When Ariel heard that sentence, he almost trembled on his knees. The Empress is his only hope, if she will divorce her husbands, does it mean that she will also leave him? 

What will happen to him if the Empress throws him away?

Alone? Lonely?

He doesn't care about power or riches. 

Ariel only needs his wife.

From the day that she saves him, he promised to devote his life to her. He doesn't care if he could only glimpse her from afar, just let him stay near to her. 

No matter where she goes, Ariel will only be steps away from her.

'Make sure that you are the only person she sees as her man.'

"Only me?' 

'Yes. Only you. No matter how many men that she will have to marry. Your wife must only see you as her man.'

Correct.

If it has to be only him, as long as the Empress won't Divorce him nor leave him, then Ariel would do everything to make her only see him. 

If she will throw her whole Harem, then Ariel should be the only Man who stays. 

But how? Beg? Kneel? Will that work?

'Your Majesty! Please don't throw me away!'

'What? Who are you?'

Ariel trembled when he saw the most beautiful person in front of him. He didn't know where did he get the bravery to personally talk to the Empress, but he was nervous, especially when Alarice's cold and fierce eyes went to him.

She's pretty,  prettier than him.

'Riel...'

Ariel went in a daze when The Empress took a grape on her golden bowl. His eyes followed Alarice's movements until the piece of grape went to her luscious lips. Ariel averted his gaze when he felt that his cheeks burned in embarrassment.

'Hmmm? What did you say? Repeat it.'

'My name's... A-Ariel.'

She may not remember him, but he hoped that his wife will remember his name this time.

"Ariel, are you comfortable there?" A voice suddenly asked him. Ariel jolted his body when he heard that familiar voice. He raised his eyes to the woman who was currently staring at him. Alarice crossed her arms. 

The Golden-haired man blushed when he noticed that his wife was only wearing a robe. "Y-yes, Your Majesty," He stammered. 

Ariel suddenly remembered the words that his wife told him a while ago.

'You look like a dazzling sunlight.'

Alarice brushed her long wavy hair that was tied into a high ponytail. "Do you really want me to not Divorce you?" She asked him as she went in Ariel's direction. 

When Ariel heard those words, he immediately raised his head. He is desperate, the man nodded his head without any hesitation.  "Yes, Your Majesty! Please do not throw me away," He told her. "I-I will do everything. Just please, don't throw me away."

Alarice shook her head before she took a few steps in front of Ariel. She placed both of her hands at the top rail of Ariel's chair. Her eyes stared at his face as she observed his reactions. 

"Unfortunately, I have to Divorce my Harem in order to achieve my goal," She mumbled. Ariel took a deep breath with his face burning in red color. The Empress averted her eyes for some reason. 

"H-However," Alarice paused before pulling her body away and turning around her from him. "I might make an exemption... If you are willing to help me before running away from this place, I will never abandon you." She mumbled.

"Y-your Majesty?" He asked. 

Run away?

Goal?

Never abandon him?

The words that are coming out from his wife are truly unbelievable. 

"What do you..."

"I want to run away to a place with no stress, that's why I am planning to establish Men's rights in this world. When I had a conversation with you, I realized that I should also consider my Harem. I should not humiliate them that's why I decided to establish Men's right first."

"If I ever succeded in doing my goal, I will Divorce my husbands, and then I will go away from this place..." Alarice paused before glancing at Ariel who was currently in a daze.

"You told me to not throw you away... It must probably be because you have no place to return to..."

"Your Majesty..."

The Empress raised her hands. It's as if she's inviting Ariel to hold it. "Now, I am giving you a choice. Would you like to help and run away with me?"  She asked before flashing a smile on her face.

Of course, Ariel is more than willing to do that.

He would do everything for her.

Just don't throw him away.

However...

"Why did you choose me?" He asked with a flustered tone. "Why is her Majesty telling me this?"

The woman raised her brows to that question. "There is no particular reason," She paused. "But why can't I?"