Chapter 9: Avira's Punishment

F*CK.

I didn't do something, correct?

I stared at the ceiling of my room while reflecting on how horrible my life is. I don't know what happened after drinking that wine, but I can already conclude that I did something horrible---or to be precise, embarrassing.

What could it be, you ask?

Becoming a beast who hunts a tiny rabbit? I don't want to think like this but that's the most possible thing. Knowing that it was Avira who asked Ariel to make me drink that wine, I'll bet my life that it has an aphrodisiac.

After all, how can Alarice, who likes alcoholic drinks, especially wine, be drunk like that? I might understand it if I drink a gallon of wine but it's only one glass of wine!

I'm going to punish Avira for this!

"It seems like her Highness is awake," I suddenly heard a voice. 

My eyes went to a crimson-haired woman who was sitting on a chair beside my bed. 

"Speak of the devil and the devil shall appear," I mumbled as I supported my body to sit down. My cold eyes darted at Avira who smiled awkwardly as soon as she heard that. "Look at this impertinence. Don't you have shame?"

Avira suddenly went out of the chair as she suddenly kneeled in front of me. 

I crossed my legs before looking down at her. Seeing her kneel in front of me made me roll my eyes. Seems like she's aware of her own impertinence and she's ready to accept the punishment that I will bestow on her.

But why the f*ck did you that, Avira?

I'm so pissed that I already know what kind of punishment I shall give to you. 

A punishment befitting of what you've done yesterday. 

"Your Majesty, I came here to accept the punishment of my sin..." Avira suddenly paused. "I also came here to clarify the reasons for my actions."

"Clarify huh? It's clear that you disobeyed me."

"Your Highness, I only did that because I am sincerely worried about the future of our empire," Avira spoke. "Please, do not misunderstand my intention."

I stared at her arrogantly with a smirk.

"HA? So you made a decision to meddle with my sex life because you're concerned with our Empire?" I asked in an arrogant tone. "Who are you to do that? Are you now the Empress? Who are you to meddle with my life?"

"Your Majesty! You know that it was not my intention---"

"Avira quit yapping," I told her using my coldest tone. 

Of course, I know how faithful and loyal you are to Alarice...

But she crossed the line!

She's meddling with my sex life! My sex life! Do you hear me?! And although I'm a little pervert, I never had an experience because I never had a boyfriend!

Back in my previous life, I can only read and watch hent-- never mind.

"Of course, I know that you're doing this for my Empire, but you crossed the line this time. May I remind you that I am your Empress?! I will decide whether I will create my own successor or not!"

A powerful aura from me suddenly came to the duchess pressing Avira's body to the ground.

Avira didn't struggle away from my aura, instead, she even let it press her to the ground.

"I committed a grave sin to her highness," Avira spoke once again. "However... Punish me all you want your highness! but the Empress should do her duty for the kingdom! Besides, I am also doing this for the Empress' reputation!"