Chapter 6: First Consort

Argentine Palace

"Consort Alexander, I have news for you, It's about the Empress," A servant kneeled in front of a handsome man. His master with an uninterested face signaled him to continue. "Her Majesty, the Empress..." The servant bit his lips before announcing the news.

"Spends her night with the 6th Concubine."

Clang!

Alexander, the first consort of the Empress, spilled his tea when the cup from his hand fell to the ground. "You... repeat what you said," the consort commanded his servant. 

"Consort Alexander. Her Majesty, the Empress, Spends her night with the 6th Concubine," The servant repeated his words. "The truth is... Her Majesty has been showing her favor to the 6th Concubine for days, I heard that it started when Consort Guillem asked to divorce Her Majesty!"

Alexander clenched his fist when he heard the 4th Consort's name. His forehead wrinkled before glancing at his servant.

"Are you telling the truth?"

"Yes! Your Highness! I was there when the Empress invited the concubine to her room!"

"This... It can't be..." The First Consort caressed his head. His long silver hair fluttered from his shoulder. "Gather more information about this, by the sun sets, I want to hear a detailed report." 

"Yes, Consort Alexander!"

"And you!" Alexander pointed his finger to the person standing beside him. "Go contact the Second Consort, I would like to hear his opinion about this," The consort hardened his face while staring at his spilled tea.

"Master, do you want more tea?" A woman with short hair asked. Her eyes went to the spilled tea in her Master's table before taking Alexander's hand to wipe using her handkerchief. "I'll ask the servants to---"

Alexander signaled her to stop. "No need Rina," He said before taking his other hand away from the woman. "Please ask the servants to take these away, I've lost my appetite."

The woman remained silent for a moment, she stared at her master who seemed to be in a daze after hearing the unexpected news. "Yes, Master, I'll do as you say." Rina bowed her head before glancing at the male servants.

Alexander watched Rina's movement for a while before taking a sigh. His eyes went back to his hands as he gritted his teeth.

 It's been a year since he married the Empress of Aurelia kingdom.

He'd been trying to seduce her at first, but he keep on miserably failing. The Empress was hard as stone, she was never swayed by his tricks nor his beauty and talent. In fact, non of his harem was able to make her sway.

This is the reason why Alexander didn't become an Emperor, despite being the number 1 candidate as the Empress' equal.

But hearing this news shocked him to the core.

He could already see the disadvantages of this incident. His chance to climb into a higher position shattered. 

"No, it can't be... I have to try harder," Alexander mumbled with a clenched fist.

"I need to become the Emperor."

Or else, he won't be able to achieve his true and only goal.

••••••••

Aurelia Palace

"Consort Alexander? Who the hell is that?" Alarice crossed her arms. She raised her brows at Avira who is hopelessly trying to explain the Empress's duty to her Harem. "I am not good at memorizing names, just explain it thoroughly."

Alarice suddenly felt a movement in her lap, turns out that it was Ariel who is currently sleeping peacefully in her lap.

He freaking sleeps like an angel!

An angel is sleeping on her lap!

She unconsciously pats Ariel's hair which is soft as cotton. It seems being targeted by the legendary truck-kun is paid off. Staring at his angelic features makes her eyes purified. He's too bright!

Alarice suddenly fell into a daze while looking at Ariel.

She even forgot Avira who is looking at her with a cringe face.

This is so f*cking cringe.

"AHEM! YOUR MAJESTY SEEMED TO BE IN A DAZE," Avira stated, emphasizing every word. "I WON'T MIND TO LEAVE IF IT MEANS CONCEIVING A CHILD FOR THE THRONE. I'D BE HAPPY TO DO THAT, REALLY."

A cold a fierce eyes suddenly darted at Avira. Alarice's dreamy eyes became cold as soon as she met Avira's eyes. 

She doesn't know why? but it seems this fierce personality became a natural behavior for her ever since she transmigrated in her current body. Her acting is becoming her real personality. It seems Alarice is starting to get used to her current body.

"You're too loud," She said in a stern voice. "Get the hell out of here, you're only disturbing me."

However, instead of listening to Alarice, Avira suddenly spoke. 

"I can't leave, Your Majesty. You need to solve Your Majesty's Harem crisis first! Ever since Her Majesty started to favor the 6th Concubine, the other Consorts and Concubines were starting to ask Her Majesty to fulfill your obligations and duty to them. Especially the first Consort, Alexander!"

Alarice shut her eyes before glancing at Ariel's sleeping face to relieve her irritation.

It was true that she favors Ariel! However, she's also doing this for the brighter future of this damned Empire. From the day that she told Ariel her plan, she decided to call for him SECRETLY to help her create plans for her goals.

Look at the sleeping Ariel! He's tired because they stayed all night planning to meticulously achieve her goal.

Who would have thought that some servants saw him coming into her room to spread those ambiguous rumors? 

Now, there is a big probability that someone will target her Ariel! Truck-kun knows how many times she saw this on a Harem series! 

Gossiping is really a part of humanities.

"Kill them," Alarice simply stated to tease her Duchess Avira. "If they're really annoying you, to the point of also annoying me, just kill them," She said before taking a piece of a grape on a golden bowl beside her.

Of course, Alarice knows that Avira won't do it, but she knows that it will annoy the Duchess.

"Y-YOUR MAJESTY!" Avira shouted. "You can't do that!"

"Why not? In the first place, I was going to Divorce them all," Alarice chuckled before combing Ariel's hair. " Killing and Divorce sounds the same thing for me."

"Your Majesty, how many times do I have to explain that---"

"Fine, stop blabbering," Alarice took a deep sigh before brushing her own hair. "You keep on mentioning that Alexander, would it solve the problem if I gave him a visit? If it does, then get the hell out of here quickly and send them a message."

Avira's eyes suddenly brightened when she heard it. "Yes! Yes, I'll do it right away, Your Majesty!" She shouted as soon as she almost run away.

Alarice rolled her eyes while shaking her head. "Bizzare," she mumbled. 

She immediately took a piece of grapes from her bowl before glancing at the Angel on her lap. Alarice placed the grape in Ariel's mouth with a smirk. 

"I know you're awake, come on open your eyes," She told him.

Ariel's face became red before opening his mouth to eat the grape. Alarice placed her left hand in her mouth to hide her blushing face. 

If handsome immunity could be achieved by seeing a handsome boy every day, then why she still doesn't have it?

Alarice decided to control her reaction when she felt Ariel's gaze. 

"You heard what I told her," She told him, and Ariel nodded his head. The man immediately stands up as he nodded his head carefully. "I'll visit Alexander in his palace..."

"If he's really that type of a person, then I'll be glad if he cooperates with me."