Chapter 3: Ariel's Choice

How to pronounce Ariel's name?

It's 'Ar-riyel' not 'Er-riyel'

••••

"Y-your Majesty?" Avira uttered. 

Everyone's face is dumbfounded when I said that. They are probably thinking that I am cruel and really a tyrant for giving Guillem this type of condition. I just wanted to help him and I know that he will probably understand this someday.

However, It will be a humiliation for Guillem if he accepted this condition. I didn't mean to criticize Ariel's origin but to become a freed slave's servant is a cruel thing that Guillem needs to accept for his beloved.

I'm sorry Guillem but I still have to act like a tyrant. Being Ariel's servant is not bad a thing you know... I know that Ariel is a good boy...

"Your Majesty... You're truly cruel" Avira uttered while giving Guillem a pitying look. My face became sour when Avira said that. 

This woman! Are you siding with your Empress or not?! Just a while ago you're criticizing his request! You little piece of--

"I-I can't accept this, Your Majesty." Ariel suddenly said. I noticed that he is fidgeting his slender fingers while looking at the floor. "How can I make Her Majesty's 4th Husband as my servant? Everybody knows that I am only a lowly Concubine---"

My eyes became cold as I glance at him. "Are you opposing my decision?" I asked in a terrifying tone. I didn't mean to do this but my actions came out naturally. When I saw that Ariel flinched I quickly took a deep breath. 

"It doesn't matter if you're a lowly concubine, just do as I say," I stated, "Besides he won't become your servant if he made the girl he 'loves' marry him. In fact, I am being generous to him," I took a peek at Guillem's reaction. "What's your decision, Guillem?"

Guillem is currently looking at Ariel. I thought that he would despise my decision, however, what he did next made me really surprised.

With a determined look on his face. He kneeled with both of his knees in front of Ariel. Guillem even bowed his head against the floor. "Please! 6th Concubine! Agree with Her Majesty's decision! Otherwise, I will miss the chance to be with the girl I fell in love with!"

I placed my hands on my cheeks while looking at the both of them. A smirk appeared on my face while looking at Ariel's troubled face.

Damn, I probably look like a pervert here! 

My eyes went to Guillem who was kneeling on the ground.

If I am a fujoshi fan, I'll probably ship them.

But nah they both act like bottom.

Guillem looks like a top but he is probably a bottom.

Plus Ariel is a baby~

"Y-you're Majesty..." Ariel suddenly said while giving me a pleading look. It seems like he doesn't know what to do but I really wanted him to make his own choice.

"I can't grant Guillem's request if you won't accept the condition. You are a part of this since my decision is connected to you. You have your choice Ariel, any of your choices won't be a bother to me anyway." 

I was about to take a grape on my bowl but I frowned when I noticed that it was empty. 

What the... Did I eat it all? I wonder why Alarice's body doesn't have diabetes yet, Grapes is a lot of sugar you know, but this body really likes it.

"Avira, I want grapes!" I shouted.

"You're Majesty, you're in the middle of decision making, how can you...?" Avira replied. I glared at her but it won't probably work on her today. She took out a deep sigh. "Our stock is already empty, if you wish I can go outside the palace to get you some..."

"Okay, go" I quickly ordered her. "But don't use your teleportation ability," a wicked smile appeared on my face when I said it.

"B-but"

"Go away!" I shouted.

"As you wish, Your Majesty." Avira who was feeling defeated took a glance at the two boys before leaving. 

"Now," I spoke. "What's your choice Ariel, will you help Guillem or not?" I asked. Ariel raised his head to glance at me at my throne. I bend my body and placed my ankle on my knees. "Don't make me wait."

"I-I..." Ariel's eyes went to the man who was kneeling in front of him. It must be a rare sight for him. A prince begging from a former slave... Not every day you'll see this happen. Guillem is really determined.

Just how important is that 'FL' to him? What a naive prince.

"I-I agree..." He said with a little hesitation on his face. 

"Oh? You agreed?" I reacted.

"S-should I have not, Your Majesty?"

"No, I didn't say anything," I said. 

My eyes went to Guillem, a smile appeared on my face. "The decision is finally settled. You may rise now, Guillem" I announced. "However, it will take days before we can settle down your request"

"Y-your Highness! Thank you!" Guillem shouted in happiness. "I will take this gratitude for the rest of my life. To you as well... Concubine Ariel, Thank you!"

"Okay, now that I have approved your request, you may go now," I said as I motioned my hands. "I'm going to rest now, I'll just summon you next time for the news" 

"Yes! Your Majesty! Thank you for granting my request!" Guillem bows his head to me before turning around. When he was already away I took a glance at Ariel who was still here and looking at me.

He was looking at me with an innocent face. His cheeks are even blushing which made him cuter in my eyes.

"Ariel" I called his name, he immediately flinched before averting his gaze on me.

"Yes, Your Majesty?" He asked.

"Come here" 

"Huh?"

"I said come here, on my throne," I said.

"Ah, yes!" He said. He immediately made his way to my throne. I almost let out a laugh at how cute he is when he climbed the stairs as quickly as possible. When he is finally in front of me, he immediately kneeled in front of me. "I am here now, Your Majesty"

"You did a good job," I said. I raised my hand to ruffle his platinum golden hair, but as soon as my hands touched his hair...

AHHH! what is this?! Cotton? Why is his hair feels like cotton? What's your shampoo? why is your hair softer than my hair?

Perhaps you're really an angel?

"Soft..." I uttered unconsciously. I kept touching his hair for a while, but I suddenly came back to my senses when I noticed that his ears are turning red. "Ah... Ahem," I quickly cleared my throne as I pulled back my hands. "Pardon my actions..."

"No!" My eyes went wide Ariel shouted that. He raised his head and met my eyes. "Her Majesty can touch my hair as long as she wants. As long as it makes Her Majesty is happy" He said with a blush on his face.

I gasped while looking at how bright he is.

BRIGHT! TOO BRIGHT! HE'S BRIGHTER THAN TRUCK-KUN'S HEADLIGHT!

"O-Okay! Okay! I get it" I said. "Anyway, I have something to discuss with you, it's about your request yesterday" My face became serious. "You said you don't want me to divorce you, correct? Then I have made my decision"

Ariel's face became brighter when I said that. I almost averted my eyes because of too much cuteness and handsomeness.

Alarice's taste in beauty is freaking good.

"However, I won't rush things today since I wanted to rest"

I immediately stand up as I give him my hand. "I have no one to accompany me. How about you accompany me to my chamber?"