Chapter 4: Men's Right!

"According to Duchess Avira, you were the only man in my harem who was staying in my palace," I started a conversation as we walk. His soft hand was holding me gently but I felt that he is also trembling.

"Yes... Your Majesty," He replied in a shy tone. "When Her Majesty brought me here, you asked everyone to treat me well... I haven't thanked Her Majesty yet for doing that." 

"Are you not getting bullied?" I asked.

Most of the Imperial dramas, novels, manga, and manhwas have this 'Bully the Concubine' thingy. So, I won't be surprised if Ariel is being bullied here. Considering his origin and status in my harem, many people might've opposed him.

"No! I wasn't," He quickly replied, I glanced at him when he said that. "Her Majesty personally announced her protection for me. No one will dare to bully me, Your Highness."

"Are you telling the truth?" I asked with doubt, he cutely nodded his head which made me averted my eyes. Truck-kun, when you transmigrate me you should've put some immunity for cute and handsome being in my eyes,

"Yes, Your Highness!"

But Ariel seemed to be telling the truth. I wonder if my words are truly that hard that no one will dare to oppose I believe not, we always have these brave people who would oppose the kings and emperors' words in some ways.

It's either Ariel is lying or fighting for Alarice's favor is useless since she's tough when it comes to men.

She doesn't favor anyone tho... Except for Ariel... 

But her favor for him is understandable if we consider his origin. I can't call it favoritism at all, just look! I think Alarice didn't even bother to meet Ariel even if he is in her palace. I can't find any special meetings with Ariel in her memories.

I think Alarice made Ariel stay in her palace to protect him, It's all responsibility, but no attachment at all. Other Men in her harem might've understood this situation.

If that's the situation, then it's great.

But her memories of Ariel are too bright. I can say that Alarice was truly mesmerized by Ariel's beauty. 

Hmmm... She's too strict with her desires I guess.

If Ariel is telling the truth, should I consider that there are no Harem fights in my harem at all? That's logical since she never favored anyone. There is no reason to fight over her, unless if their fight is about power.

If the fight in my harem is connected to power and politics, then Ariel cannot really be their target. He has no backing or anything. It's understandable if he's not bullied for this reason.

That's good, I guess.

I think I have to ask Duchess Avira about Alarice's Harem. If I want a divorce, I need to know what's happening inside my harem. I can't just jump into series of conclusions. Especially for my plan!

"We greet her Imperial Highness!" A group of male servants greeted me. I motioned my hands to make them stand up. When they received my signal, they immediately get up and waited for me to walk away.

Their fair and smooth faces registered in my brain. In fairness, everyone in this place is good-looking. When Earth needed beautiful beings, this world might've stolen them all!

I was about to walk past them but I stopped when I realized something. "You!" I said with a stern voice. The man that I pointed startled. He immediately stepped in and bowed his head. Geez, my voice must be that frightening.

"Yes, Your Majesty?" The man asked in fear. My eyes scanned the frightened man, his shoulders were trembling as if I am about to execute him.

"Ask the chef to cook food and bring it to my chamber, understood?"  The man replied to me and immediately complied with my orders. "Good," I uttered. I nodded my head in satisfaction. "Let's go, Ariel."