Chapter 7: Diamond Beauty

"Consort Alexander from the Diamond Palace wants to become the Emperor," Ariel stated. "He wanted an equal footing with you, Your Majesty."

A white-haired man suddenly appeared in my memory. The man is tall and handsome, he is wearing a silk robe with a seductive smirk on his face. 

COUGH! COUGH!

He is pinning me on a bed?! 

I choked from my own breath when the next memory appeared in my mind. My eyes pop out as I smacked my head using my hand. 

Damn! What kind of memory did just register on my dumb head?!

What the hell? Excuse me?!

Fan service?!

Truck-kun, please explain!

"Your Majesty?! Are you alright?!" Ariel panicked as he grabbed the nearest wine glass with grape wine. He patted my back softly while helping me to drink the wine. "Your Majesty?"

Hmm, this wine tastes great.

After drinking my favorite grape wine, I can't help but to make a funny face while recalling that audacious memory.

The First Consort is a daring man!

The only memory that I can remember about him is when he tried to seduce Alarice with his different types of tactics. It's actually terrifying to know that he wasn't able to seduce Alarice after all of those things.

In the end, the First consort gave up approaching me when he realized that I won't fall for his tricks.

I don't know much about him, I didn't see any other memory about that man, maybe Alarice doesn't really care about her surroundings.

But the First Consort is indeed a beauty. 

A Diamond beauty...

I stopped thinking when I accidentally glanced at Ariel who has a worried face. I suddenly felt guilty for not immediately paying attention to him. I can't believe that I am thinking about another man when the most beautiful man is beside me!

Well, for the record, white-haired men with flirty and dominant personalities were my type when I was younger, but I changed it as I grew up.

I let out a small smile on my lips as I patted Ariel's hair. Seeing his relieved face makes me feel at peace. It is something that another human being couldn't possibly give to me.

"I am alright, I just remember something audacious," I told him before picking up the nearest grape on the table. "By the way, what do you mean by 'wanting an equal footing with me?' How did you know that it is the goal of the First Consort?"

I stared intently at Ariel.

It's not like I am suspicious of him, but considering Alarice's facial expression, I probably look intimidating to him. Anyway, I just wanted to know why and how did Ariel know that information.

If Alexander truly wanted to become the Emperor, then this will be useful to me. However, I also have to make sure that his motive is for the good and not for some personal gain and greed or something.

"Your Majesty..." Ariel suddenly spoke while looking at me. I glanced at him in confusion when I noticed the look in his eyes. "Your face..." He said.

"Eh? What's in my face?" I asked why tilting my head.

I unconsciously touched my face.

"Nothing... I mean you look beautiful, but your face is red..." He suddenly said with wide eyes. "Perhaps..."