5 - A literal trash panda

The two long lost friends found themselves before each other without realizing. Now at a standstill, they must figure themselves out.

"George?! Where have you been! I've missed you, and the one time I needed you the most you weren't there for me..." Dream found himself shouting at George, not out of anger, but grief.  "I'm sorry, Dream, if they would've of let me leave the village during that time I would've, but I was dragged into hiding with the rest of them. I'm sorry, I really am..." George mutters, rubbing his arm with anxiety. 

Dream sighs, feeling bad for yelling at him, "Hey, it's fine, I understand.  A lot happened that night...I'm just glad you're back, and ok." "I'm glad you came out safe as well..I wasn't aware my kind attacked yours...Sorry about that.." George smiled light-heartedly, and laughed a bit through the awkwardness.  "It wasn't your fault anyways, our kind has always been at war.  It's just normal."  Dream smiled softly back. "Yeah, that's true.." George muttered, scratching his neck where an injury is.

"So, am I allowed to leave or...no?" George suddenly spoke up.  "Uhm, well, you see, I would really love to let you go, but you were attacked by a Mythic beast..." Dream says awkwardly, knowing this wasn't good news whatsoever. "W-what? A beast? That means- O-oh...well the village didn't like me anyways..they said I was too fragile...and w-weak..." George curled into a ball, hiding his face from Dream's view. 

Dream frowned and knelt down, grabbing George's hand and squeezing it, "Hey, you aren't any of those.  Besides, now that I'm back, I will always have your back.  I'll be with you through this, you don't even know you'll actually change at all either, George."  George poked his head back up, "Yeah, y-you're right, thank you, Dream." He sat up and hugged Dream.  Dream was taken aback, but hugged the smaller man back. George smiles, "I appreciate your thoughtfulness."

Dreams ear perked up and a look of confusion sprung onto his face, his hands slowly retreating from George's back.  "What? Why are your ears all up like that?" George scrunches his face.  "I hear something, something outside, rummaging through the leaves..." Dream looked out the door, alert.  Outside, something, or someone, was going through the miscellaneous berry bushes. "Should I be worried? I mean, I am still kind of injured."  George sat back on the bed with a concerned look.

"Don't be, it sounds like a raccoon or something...if it makes you feel better I can check." Dream glanced at George, his freckles speckled along the ridge of his nose and cheeks like a galaxy.  George felt a slight blush grow on his face, What's up with this....odd warmness? "T-That'd be nice...can I come with?" "You shouldn't be moving too much, I'll be quick." Dream reassures him.  George rubbed the back of his neck, "Mhm...alright."

Dream headed outside and investigated the burnt down surroundings.  When he got to searching the back of the house, he saw a Pandan searching through the berry bushes.  Dream cleared his throat, "Can I help you?" "WHO GOES THERE!" The person stood up quickly and formed into a very faulty kung-fu position.  "Uhm, what are you doing here? This place isn't very safe ya know..." Dream wasn't taking this Pandan very seriously.  "Oh uhm, you're a, uh, Wolven..- a lot stronger than me- uh....please don't hurt me..." The Panda said in a squeaky voice, his stance falling quickly.

"It's ok, I won't hurt you, I'm nice, I swear." Dream reassured the panicked man. "Oh, sweet, I'm uh, Sapnap, you?" Sapnap waved with an awkward smile. "Nice, to meet you Sapnap, I'm Dream. Do you want to join me? It's very dangerous in this forest..and there's other Mythic's around here that won't take visitors very nicely." "Oh, pfttt, other Mythics? I'll be fine!" Sapnap patted off his shoulder with pride. "They're beasts." "IN THAT CASE PLEASE TAKE ME WITH YOU!" Sapnap quickly corrected himself, running up to Dream's side.  "Right, come with me." Dream started walking back to the burnt house, and Sapnap hurriedly followed.

" Dream started walking back to the burnt house, and Sapnap hurriedly followed

Dream entered the house as the Pandan rushed in, "I'm back, George." "Finally! I was getting wor- Uh, who is that?" George said, his eyes glancing over to the strangely fancily-dressed man by Dream. "Oh, this is-" Dream started, but Sapnap abruptly interrupted instead, "I'm Sapnap, the finest Pandan around!" Sapnap had a smug look on his face, leaning his elbow on Dream's shoulder.  "Yep, he'd be correct...he's the only Pandan around here..." Dream sighed, slightly shaking his head. "Oh, uhm, nice to meet you Sapnap!" George said with a slight smile. If Dream's ok with him, I am too.

"Nice to meet you too- Uh, who are you exactly?" Sapnap jutted in, his eyes looking between George and Dream, spying.  "It's George, I'm Dream's friend." George smiled softly, keeping his eyes on Sapnap. Friends. Dream's eyes were only on George. Friends. "Right, friends...you guys look like you're definitely dating." "WHAT THE HELL!" Both Dream and George shouted at Sapnap, their heads snapping towards him with flustered faces.  Sapnap smiled sneakily, "Hey, Hey, I'm just saying!" I am so going to be a third wheel. And I'll take pride in that title!

After Dream and George settled down and told off Sapnap, they questioned him a bit

After Dream and George settled down and told off Sapnap, they questioned him a bit. "So, where are you from Sapnap? Pandans really aren't from around here." George listened closely to Dream's voice.  "O-oh...uhm, I was a ship in as a kid from the bamboo forest island just south of here...I was meant to be a Human's pet because Pandans are seen as expensive Mythics out of the few who are. But I recently escaped and now I'm here." Sapnap casually explains, his voice nearly breaking at the beginning.

"Oh, I'm sorry to hear that, but at least your life should look up now. We'll have your back." Dream smiles charmingly and George watches, smiling too. "Let's hope...I also met some weird kids, but that's not important.." Sapnap rants, waving his hand around. "Kids? Odd. I think I saw them too-.." Dream adds to Sapnap's story.  "Well, good thing you didn't meet them- God, were they odd! I'm pretty sure I interrupted them mid argument too...it was kind of funny to be honest!" Dream and George listened to Sapnap ramble.

Hope you liked this chapter, it's more of the average length now, but the length depends on how much I can think of, Lmao. Anyways hoped you enjoyed! See ya in the next chapter! ^-^
1130 words

this one was cute to revise <3 -November 5th, 2022