Chapter 13

Lexa POV

It was a few days later. It was the last day until she went back to TonDC. Lexa was walking around the Ark early in the morning. Lexa saw Clarke's dad walking with a boot on his injuired leg. He started to walk over to her.

"Good morning, Commander." Jake said.

"Good morning." Lexa said. "Shouldn't you be resting?"

"Yes but Abby doesn't let me go anywhere." Jake said. "Convinced I'll hurt myself. Clarke takes after her with her doctor senses. You probably know what I'm talking about." Lexa laughed softly.

"My lip was bleeding and went into full doctor mode." Jake laughed.

"Well, she cares about you." Jake said. "Your good for her. Made her stronger."

"That's Anya's doing."

"Maybe physically was Anya's but you did it in general." Jake said. "Not to mention happier as well."

"The strength was always there." Lexa said. "She just need to realize that she had it."

"Jake!" A woman yelled. "You aren't supposed to be walking!"

"Shit. I have to go." Jake started to speed walk off as Abby ran after Jake. Lexa laughed softly and then made her rounds.

Lexa grabbed breakfast and then sat down by a fire.

Not much later she felt someone sit down next to her. "Lonely Commander?" Clarke asked.

"Now I'm not." Lexa said, looking at Clarke. "I think, I'm gonna try and go to Polis tomorrow. You coming?"

"Yeah." Clarke said.

"I think Anya will bring Raven if Raven wants to go so if Octavia wants to come too she can." Lexa said. "Plus the leader."

"So Kane." Clarke said. "My mom is needed at Arkadia."

"Arkadia?"

"That's what they are calling it instead of the Ark." Clarke said. "I'll talk to Kane and you can do your commander duties."

"So making sure Anya doesn't kill anyone or anything."

"Babysitting duty."

"Feels like it." Clarke laughed. "Back to Polis. The ride is gonna take about two days. We will stop at a cave or something to sleep in halfway through."

"Okay." Clarke said. "So can I get one hint on what Polis is like?"

"No."

"You are annoying."

"I want it to be a surprise." Lexa said.

"Fine." Clarke sighed.

It was the next day, early in the morning and they were getting ready to go to Polis. Lexa was going to tell Clarke that they were ready to go. Lexa walked into Clarke's tent and saw her braiding her hair.

"Almost ready?" Lexa asked, as Clarke looked over to her.

"Yeah." Clarke said. "I don't know how you have the time to braid your hair into like millions of braids."

"I only really take them out in Polis." Lexa said. "I'll leave them in for when I'm traveling or whatever." Lexa walked over to Clarke and took Clarke's hands away from her hair. Lexa reached up and started to braid Clarke's hair. "Tell me if it hurts."

"You worry too much Commander." Clarke said.

"Well, I don't want to hurt the Princess." Clarke closed her eyes as Lexa braided her hair.