Chapter 23

Clarke POV

Clarke woke up the next morning to an empty bed. Clarke looked around and saw a note on the bed side table. She reached out and grabbed it. The note basically said that Lexa went to go prepare and felt bad for waking her up so she just let her sleep.

Clarke stretched and then got up. She got dressed and ready. She walked out of the tent and looked around.

There was an army walking around and the tents were being packed up. Some of the people of Arkadia were walking around with guns and backpacks. Clarke saw Lexa walking with Anya. Clarke made her way over there.

"Good morning." Lexa said, kissing her.

"Good morning." Clarke said, against Lexa's lips.

"Gross." Anya gagged.

"Did you really feel bad for waking me?" Clarke asked.

"You looked comfty and cute." Lexa said. "We are about to get ready to leave now so it's perfect that you are up.

"Okay." Clarke said. "I'm gonna go see if my mom needs help with packing up the medical supplies." Lexa nodded. Clarke kissed Lexa's cheek before walking off. Clarke walked into the medical and saw her mom putting stuff in a bag. "Hey mom." Her mom looked up.

"Oh, there you are. The Commander was looking for you." Her mom said.

"She was?" Clarke asked.

"Well, I asked if she knew where you were because your tent was packed and I haven't seen you. The Commander hadn't seen you and said she would keep an eye out."

"I met up with her before coming here." Clarke said. "Do you need help with anything?"

"I think we are good, I'm just putting the final stuff in the bag. It's just bandages and stuff like that."

"Okay."

"So what's going on with you and the Commander?" Her mom asked, zipping up the backpack.

"Uh, what do you mean?" Clarke asked.

"You know what I mean." Her mom said, smiling.

"No, I don't." Clarke said, trying not to stutter.

"So the Commander has snowball fights with everyone and let's people touch her and hug her?"

"Yeah, you don't hug Lexa?"

"I'm pretty sure she would kill me if I tried to hug her."

"Yeah we hug."

"And have a ship name?"

"Who told you that?" Clarke groaned.

"I heard Raven talking about it. Your dad and the rest of your group had meetings about Clexa." Her mom said.

"Of course they did." Clarke sighed.

"Do you get what I mean?"

"Okay, so we may or may not be more than friends?" Clarke said, awkwardly. Her mom smiled. "So you aren't against it? I am very confused right now."

"I wasn't sure of it at first. Like when the Ark first came down because I only saw and heard about her Commander side." Her mom put the bag over shoulder. "But then I saw her carrying you to bed and all that stuff."

"We weren't dating when the Ark came down."

"I know but I meant your closeness." Her mom said. "When did the dating happen?"

"Polis." Clarke said. "Also Lexa is kind of scared of you so don't interview her about anything."

"She is scared of me? She's the Commander?"