Chapter 2

PREVIOUSLY

The shock and disbelieve you were experiencing at the moment were clear in your voice as you muttered the boy's name.

''Baji!..''

The said boy chuckled and smiled cheekily at you as a response.

''Yo, you finally awake?''

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You were looking at him, stunned and speechless, you really thought for a moment that you were dead again, because there was no chance that he was alive. He was dead, you were just at his grave- there is no chance that this is the real Baji. 

But as you tried to convince yourself that this was false and completely unreal, there was a tiny part of your brain that told you that this was the real deal in front of you.

The boy was staring right back at you, confused as to why you were looking at him, as if he had committed a murder right in front of your eyes at that very moment, but he was also a bit amused by your expression - you looked like a deer caught in a headlight, it was slightly funny for him.

''Hey Y/n, you alright? You look a bit pale.'' said Baji, a bit worried as you weren't looking that good.

''No- yes, I'm alright, don't worry but can you tell me what happened because it seems like I can't really recall what went down for me to be here? And that leads to my second question- where exactly am I?'' you said as you tried to not make your panic visible because you had a feeling that you should appear as normal as possible and not like your deceased boyfriend was standing in front of you, looking very much alive.

''You really don't remember or know where you are?'' he asked you while raising an eyebrow at the questions, but after seeing you nod, he answers you.

''We were hanging out with the guys at the usual spot, when you suddenly fainted, so seeing that my place was the closest we decided to bring you here till you woke up, you have been here before so there isn't much of a problem. Draken was worried so I advice you to call him, so he can calm his horses down a bit.''  

''Now that I look around carefully, this really is his old apartment, I haven't been here in so long, how nostalgic.'' you thought as you looked around again but this time actually recognizing the place, the memories rushing in your head which you tried to ignore and focus on the situation in front of you. 

''Oh, thank you but can you tell me what today's date is?'' you asked, you're still panicking inside, but it's not as bad as before, after you understood that you were in a safe place and not some random ass place where you were maybe kidnapped to.

''Why are you asking such questions?'' Baji asked, confused because you seemed out of it, more so than usual.

''It's nothing, I just want to know, so can you please tell me?'' you repeated yourself, wanting to get an answer and hoping it's not what you think it is. I mean time travelling is impossible, it only happens in fictions, there is just NO way that you have travelled back in time- no, nada, nu uh.

Baji sighed before answering ''It's September 13.'' 

''The year?''

He looked at you, weirded out but still answered your question ''Year 2005.''

''So year 2005... WAIT isn't that 12 years into the past!? Isn't it supposed to be 2017- so my theory was right after all, I really did travel into time.'' you thought. 

''So are you calling Draken now or do you want to eat something first, because I suppose you are hungry after, you know, being passed out for long.'' Baji said as he leaned again the door. 

''Call Kenchin? Oh yeah, I lived with him after I had nowhere to go- ugh the brothel''  even though you were extremely thankful, you didn't really miss that place, it was so noisy and nearly always smelled like lube, but Draken, you missed him greatly, he was like your big brother figure but after Touman turned bad, he did some inexcusable things, that you still don't know the reason why, so he was put into jail on a death row.     

''Um yeah, I'd like to eat something first if you don't mind.'' you said after hearing your stomach lowly growling out of hunger, you turned your face away from him, not wanting him to see your arising blush from embarrassment.

He chuckled at your failed attempt to hide your expression from him.

''Okay then, what do you want to eat? We still have left overs from yesterday's dinner, I can get it warmed up for you, it's (f/f).'' he asked you as he turned around, exiting the room and beckoning you to follow him into the kitchen of his small apartment.

''Yeah, I'd like that, thank you.''

As you stood up to follow him, you stumbled a bit on your feet about to fall down on the ground but a pair of arms caught you in the nick of time and steadied you on your feet, but still holding on to your waist.

You sighed, relieved that you wouldn't be kissing the ground any time soon, but that relieve didn't last long as you started realizing in what position you and Baji were exactly. You started blushing even more than before and this time it wasn't because of embarrassment. You had forgotten how pretty he was, when you decided to look up at him as you have been looking down the whole time, your breath was caught in your throat.

''Hey Baji, you know that I really love you right?'' you said that as you returned the embrace but tighter as you didn't really want this moment to come to an end, after all this was the first time you have seen him in 12 years.

He was a little surprised at your sudden sentimental and affection, but he looked down at you and smiled softly, as he too tightened his embrace and replied ''I love you too.''

Your heart fluttered as these words came out of his mouth.

''Gosh, it's been so long, I really missed you, you idiot.'' you thought, as finally some tears manages to escape when your unbothered and brave facade faltered a bit. You dug your face in his chest, trying to hide them from him, to prevent him from being worried, but as always Baji didn't let anything escape from his observing stare.

''Wait, wait. Why are you crying now, does it hurt somewhere?'' the obvious boy in front of you, now worried as to why was his girlfriend crying out of a sudden. His hands, that were helping you in keeping your balance, moved from their position on your waist to cup your face. He wiped the few tears that were falling from your eyes. Making eye contact, he searched for something in your eyes but after a few seconds he just sighed and leaned closer, placing a kiss on your forehead. 

Staying like that for a bit, he leaned back but still close enough for you to be able to feel his breathing slightly fanning on your face. He was silently looking at you, but then said ''I know something is bothering you, but'' he paused ''I won't pressure you to tell me, however, please if it gets too much, come to me, I will always be here for you and help you, okay? I promise.''

As you heard those words you felt as if there was something in your throat, preventing you from talking as your breath stopped for a moment, you looked away from him and thought ''No, that is not true. You won't always be here, but I believe that's why I'm here. I was given a second chance to experience the past, so I won't waste it. I will protect you so you can keep that promise you just made. I will do everything in my power so you won't be taken away from me too soon again. I promise you too.'' 

And as you made that promise in your head and straightened your determination, you looked back at the boy in front of you, smiled and said:

''Sure, but do come to me too if you feel like something is troubling you, I will be here for you too, always..''

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Edit: so guys, I changed the date from August 13 to September 13, sorry for not seeing this mistake sooner!

So.. here is the second chapter! I don't really have anything to say but I hope you like it!

* (f/f) - favorite food