Chapter 9

PREVIOUSLY

Finally snapping out of your head, you looked up as you noticed the doorknob of the door turning. And as it finally opened you came face to face with your boyfriend.

''Baji..'' you muttered his name under your breath as he was finally in front of you.

''Y/n..'' 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As your name left his lips, his eyes that were previously placed on your form in front of him, looked away from you, avoiding any contact possible.

You raised your eyebrow as you noticed this gesture, but didn't say anything about it for now.

''Come, sit down with me for a moment..'' you said quietly, seemingly afraid that if you talk any louder, something very fragile would break.

''What are you doing here..?'' he ignored your words and questioned you, still refusing to look your way.

''I'm here to check up on you. I was and still am worried Baji..'' you told him as you sat down on his bed, not quite sure that your legs could hold you up any longer. You didn't know if it was because of the heaviness of the situation or the continuous running that you have just completed, but you didn't really think about it.

''And what would worry you..'' he asked.

''Well, Mikey called me..'' as you started you saw something flash through his eyes, but it was too quick for you to recognize what it was, so you just continued ''and told me that you were causing trouble and that he put you on house arrest..'' you sighed.

''And..'' you trailed as he stayed silent, waiting for you to finish your sentence.

''And I got worried for you, as always. I was worried that you might have injured yourself, or that you might do something stupid out of anger or something..'' you said so quietly, that you weren't even sure that he heard you.

''I'm okay..'' but as he told you that, it was clear he heard everything.

You looked up at him as you had been looking down at your hands that were placed on your lap.

You saw him staring straight at you, with a soft look in his eyes.

''Now, would you come and sit down with me..'' you tried again.

But this time, even after a bit of hesitation, he went and sat next to you on the bed.

You took notice of the distance he put in between you, when he sat down. You got a bit saddened by that, but again decided to not say anything about it, as you thought about what to say next.

''What is going on Baji, please tell me. I am worried and I just want you to be safe and happy.'' you asked him. The emotions so clear in your voice, that when he heard you speak, he swore he felt his heart break a little.

''Nothing is happening, I don't know what you are talking about.'' but even though, he was stubborn. He has already made his mind to not let you get involved, he pledged to himself that he would keep you safe and you being involved wasn't going to help making that happen.

''Please, don't lie to me like that. I can't.. really take it..'' you spoke, with your heart feeling heavy.

''Hah- what do you mean, I'm not lying. When I tell you that it's nothing, then it's nothing. Get over it.'' he let out, sounding harsh, a bit more than he intended. But you weren't backing out, not now.

''Stop lying, I already know what you are doing, I just want to hear it coming through your mouth..'' you told him sternly.

He was staring to get a bit agitated, wondering why you just couldn't put down this topic. It was his business, his life - hell that wasn't even the most important part, he was doing all this in order to protect you and not only you. Mikey, Draken, Mitsuya - he was doing this all to protect the most precious people to him.