Chapter 25

Alice

-Age 16-

Lila had agreed to Koby's invitation just like I had guessed (knew it!). Honour and I waited for Koby and Lila to arrive at the mall in Duluth. What was taking them so long!? Finally, Koby showed up with Lila trailing behind him ten minutes late.

"You're late!" I called before they got to our table. Honour looked up from her phone (she always seemed to be on that thing here lately). Koby smirked as he walked up.

"I did it just so you would have to wait," he replied. I rolled my eyes at him then looked to Lila. I gasped. I swear, that girl could make me go gay (I don't like men other than my three guy friends so it wasn't a big leap but still). Koby looked confused. "What?"

I shooed him aside and pulled Lila to me. She was absolutely gorgeous and she looked like she wasn't even trying! She wore a pair of short-shorts that fit her perfectly so they looked nice, but not inappropriate. She had on a hoodie that was slightly too long for her arms and covered most of her shorts. Her blonde hair was slightly curled and laying perfectly across her shoulders. It flowed gently down her back. She looked as confused as Koby and glanced at him with slight panic.

I smiled. "Sorry, you look like you don't even try. Are you wearing make-up at all? Other than your mascara, of course." I rubbed her cheek with my thumb to see if anything would come off, nothing did. Lila shook her head no. "Of course," I sighed.

Koby pulled Lila from my grip. "You're scaring her!" He yelled playfully. He wrapped his arms around her waist. She tucked her arms under his and warped them around his torso. I grinned.

"Yeah, yeah. Well, unless you want to go dress shopping, than leave," I said, pointing away from us dramatically and sticking my chin high. Koby laughed but kissed Lila's cheek and let go.

He turned to me. "Don't break her," he warned. He turned back to Lila, "If they bother you at all," he shot a teasing glare my way, "just call me, okay?" She smiled and nodded. He kissed her forehead and waved goodbye. I waved back until he was out of earshot.

"Are you two dating?" I asked Lila. She looked at me and blushed. She stuck her hands in her pockets and shrugged. I rolled my eyes and turned to Honour. "HONOUR, GET OFF YOUR PHONE!" I yelled at her. Her head shot up and her eyes readjusted.

"Where's Koby?" Honour asked. She looked at Lila.

"Never mind him, we have dress shopping to do!" I squealed. I pulled Lila's hand and grabbed Honour's phone, leading them into the first store.

Immediately, I found a dress perfect for Lila. I held it up to her. It was a very light pink that would go great with her hair and skin tone. She touched it gently. She looked at the back and horror covered her face as she shook her head. It was openbacked. "Okay, okay! No open back! I see how it is."

I kept looking and found a two dresses for me. Honour found a few, too. Lila on the other hand, looked like she'd never gone dress shopping for a school dance before in her life! I took her hand so she'd follow us into the dressing room. "Lila, Stay there so when we step out, we can get your opinion, okay?" She nodded politely and sat in a chair by the mirrors.

Honour and I stepped out in a few different dresses, but nothing was good enough! I sighed in frustration as I stepped out in normal clothes. I looked up to see Lila holding out a beautiful white dress with black lace. I sighed again, "I don't think it'll fit, Lila."

Lila forced the dress towards me anyway. I tried it on just like she wanted and stared in the mirror. It was perfect and it made my hair color pop. Maybe she wasn't as bad at this as I thought. When I came out, Lila already had a bag with a dress in it. I guess she found one. She smiled at me and clapped. Honour walked up with her new dress in hand, too. "Oh my God, Alice! You look beautiful!" I smiled and did a curtsey.

We met Koby a few minutes later in the food court. We all said our goodbyes and went home. I was probably one of the happiest girls on earth. I love dresses.