Part 1: Tip of The Spear

(...I am so original.

Here's a nice link or something to the OG story: https://jwa.org/encyclopedia/article/esther-bible )

A long... long time ago... an ancient race, The Fălkyre, known most commonly as Fălks, reigned over the earth. This mythic race was nearly identical to their Human counterparts biologically, aside from their larger, usually tougher --and more muscular-- bodies, their life-span lasting much longer, and of course... their wings. These few differences made for holding an advantage over the Human race, by far overpowering them with their durability, maneuverability, strength, speed, and of course, flight. Not to mention fighting came naturally to them. And in the great numbers that they were, the Falks were unstoppable. They ruled over everything standing beneath the sky with an iron fist, enslaving whoever dared stand up to their demands.

That was...however...until a hero appeared.

They sing his name in folklore still: Herobrine, descended from Notch; Notch believed to be a god from a world beyond, rose with the humans against the Falks' tyrannical rule. With this demigod's strengths, witts, and raw power, it was only a matter of years before the Falks fell at his feet. Of course, this couldn't have been accomplished if not for the humans he was fighting for, who Herobrine made sure that was to who the real credit was given to. He counted himself as only "the tip of the spear." After this absurd, remarkable victory, the last of the Falkyre were hunted, nearly to extinction, and all of human kind finally stood tall as the rulers of the earth, Herobrine as their tall standing king.

Of course, with all wars come their ends, and with the end of war comes the start of new ones. Small skirmishes broke out all across the land, as was natural. Herobrine grew wise in this over the years, fighting less and less over the little things he deemed unnecessary. As long as his home country, Glydeemia, which served as a monitor over the rest --being the biggest and most powerful-- was fine, he was content. And though Herobrine hardly aged in the time that passed, generations upon generations came and went.. until now.

Over 500 years later... It is the present time.

---------------exposition lol-----------------

You stood idly on the road's curb, waiting for the horse and carriage to come and pick you up. Your eyes stared at the ground. Even as interesting people, doing interesting things, stirred past you, you dared not look up at them. You simply stood there, clutching the straps of your backpack over your shoulders tightly as you waited. It was hard to blend in, as much as you tried. It was easy at first...but then you grew up..though slowly. Now, you stood heads above the rest at 6'3. Rather tall for a girl, only now a senior in college. It's taken you long enough to finally qualify --look old enough-- to actually enter the campuses. Before then you would just have to retake elementary school over and over again; then middle school over and over again; and then high school... over.. and over again. Tiring.

Along the puddle infested street, two horses pulling the standard wooden, bright orange painted carriage, came clopping up to the curb beside you. Many smaller, more qualified people pushed past you in line to get on first. You just let them go ahead, hoping there would be a remaining seat for you. There was one, thankfully, and you squeezed between a couple shorter people and sat there silently, twiddling your thumbs as everyone else either talked or took a brief nap. Finally, half an hour into the ride, you rose from your seat when the roofless carriage stopped in front of your house, making sure to thank the stranger kindly on your way out. You were one of the last people on the carriage when you exited.

The house you walked up to was less like a house and more like an apartment on the bottom floor. This city's weird history of building resources lead to an inconsistent building style of using sandstone, bricks, and your average stone pretty much wherever, without any secondary thoughts. Where you lived in particular, most of the buildings were made with sandstone, which was without a doubt, the cheapest option of building material. The rest of this small community --just a square surrounded by cobble streets and housing-- was a pretty poor mess as well. Everyone tried their best, but, it was hard with so many broken families crammed into one small area. You entered through a rather warn old wooden door that lead into a small house, sandwiched right between two slightly larger ones. There was an upstairs, yes, but that was mostly just for storage. Other than that, there were only two rooms. Luckily, two rooms was all that was needed.