Part 10: Movie Night

Flashing lights lit up your face, making you flinch almost every time. You smiled through the debilitating flashes and mangled roar of the crowd on either side of you. It was a real challenge just to keep your composure, much less strike poses and wave like the actors of the film were doing ahead of you. Herobrine too was very stiff and unable to do any more than briefly wave, though this was for another reason. His hand wrapped in yours was sweating. You could feel the heartbeat under his skin begin to intensify as you followed the tongue of the beast into it's large, gaping, dark mouth.

Once inside, it was much quieter. The red carpet briefly continued through a luxurious space set with fancy looking tables and chairs already prepared for the dinner that would take place afterward. Beyond: the main attraction. Two more large arched doors gaped open, this time leading into the belly of the beast. The large room was dark, the only source of light being the MASSIVE rectangular frame showing a mere still grey image. Turning your head to the back of the room, you could see the beams of light projecting from the box Herobrine had mentioned in the car.

"It's all grey now, but the newest films are actually able to show in colour." Herobrine whispered as he pointed to the screen, a slight tremble detected in his voice. You gasped slightly in response. Noticing his breathing was beginning to quicken, your free hand stretched up to rub his arm gently. Herobrine released your hand for a moment to tighten the shoulder guard around his shoulders and part of his chests, eyes scanning the darkest corners of the room. Then, he reached out for your hand again, exhaling a slow, shaky breath. You lightly held his hand again. You two just stood there at the entrance of the room awkwardly doing this.

"..Do you wa-" You were about to ask if he wanted some more time to sit outside. But then..

"Right this way, Sir...and ma'am." One of the workers, all dressed up as well, emerged to kindly lead the two of you. Without hesitation, Herobrine followed the young man, taking you with him. Together, you were seated in two of the finest seats, resembling thrones more than actual chairs. Heh...your first time ever sitting on a throne... Very soft and cushiony, still allowing you to lean back. Though Herobrine's chair was the same as yours, he refused to lean back as you did.

Around you, you heard the murmurs of very important people, rich people, and common folk who made the film, all seating together. The rows began to fill up. The movie hadn't even started yet...and Herobrine's hand was trembling.

"I'll go get us some pop corn." You quietly announced to Hero, standing slowly. He didn't object, though his hand did shrivel away to his side when it was no longer holding yours. You saw some other people holding the common snack option, and so hoped it might serve as a good thing for the demigod to fidget with at the very least.

You made your way down past everyone slowly, checking your train a couple times to make sure everything was in shape and that no feathers were showing. Thankfully, all looked well on your end... What a genius disguise that had been. With the help of a few kind workers, you were given a pretty large bowl of the exploded corn and returned to Herobrine quickly. Thankfully, where the two of you were seated was on a little platform of its own in the near back, so you didn't have to feel so bad about people hearing you and him munching. As you sat down beside him, you marveled at the moving image of a talking cat explaining to a human why he needed to care for his lawn with a very specific brand of tools. Herobrine's hand dug into the bowl of popcorn the moment it was offered to him, whispering to you a thanks. Seemed the light hearted ads were calming him down, since he was beginning to breathe normally again.

But then, the beginning credits rolled, the music rolling into your ears, a dark, edgy tone. Again, your hand was grasped, except this time, as the music began setting a darker tone over the dramatically black screen with the logos of those who made the film playing, Herobrine held your hand over the shared armrest, his thumb beginning to rub the top of your hand in slow, agitated circles. You finally spoke when your skin began to hurt because of it, and the man with an apology just held your hand a little tighter instead, his tapping foot taking up the fidgeting role.