Part 4: The Other Girl

Your mind was aloof, off in another world as the one you were in buzzed and rocked in an unsettling way. You didn't know what to think. Tears brimmed your eyes. The fear was so strong, so overwhelming was your distaste with the outcome, you were no longer in control of your own body; instead, your consciousness floated outside of it, just out of reach. Away from you, your body sat pressed into the corner, knees tucked tightly in your arms, defending your chest with what little defense they could provide. Beyond the table cloth hiding you, you knew not what was beyond. An unflattering hum rising from the earth below shook your core and drowned out your ability to hear. Still, you didn't know what to feel, nor what was even going on. Only a hollow space in your soul grew ever larger as the stillness in your body drew on.

"(Y/n)?" Kim lifted the table's drapes, expecting you to the there. A hint of worry shown in her eyes when she saw the pale, emotionless expression which still managed to leak tears. "Are you okay??" She sounded more concerned this time. You couldn't bring up the strength to take control of your own body enough to respond. You stared ahead still, even your eyes unable to acknowledge her existence.

That didn't keep the girl away, though. Under the table she slid, wrapping an arm around you, whispering useless apologies and promises that everything would be okay. You physically couldn't muster the strength to respond. The whirlwind of emotions inside was already too much to handle. Eventually, though, her gentle presence eased the aching in your stomach, and the world didn't seem as far away.

"I'm so sorry... I shouldn'f have talked to him about you.. I ShOuLd have asked you first.. It never occured to me how serious this was until now.." She repeated.

"...You have no idea.." I mouthed.

"I'll make it up to you! Yeah, that's it. I'll stay with you, here, until I get all of this sorted out for you, and get you back home!" She seemed to come to a conclusion on her own. "Hello?.. You even there?" Kim then began waving her hand in front of your face. Your eyes blinked a little, but the buzzing in your brain was still a lot.

Kim sat at your side, just listening to the outside world for you, for almost half an hour as you sat there. Finally, by the end of it you had regained control of your body again and was able to communicate back to Kim. Though there was a little bit of debate, you just couldn't decline the young lady's support she was offering. It really was big of her to do this... most likely out of guilt, but still comforting to have a familiar face nearby.... If only Joa were here as well..

Eventually, your name was called by strangers beyond the curtain.

"I'll talk to them. You just stay here." Kim patted your shoulder. Then she left to inform a select few on what was happening. Apparently Herobrine had already vanished too to the comfort of his own room, leaving his mom to take in the situation, at last realizing why this MAY have not been such a good idea in the first place..

"Well. The deed has already been done. Sorry, young lady, but it has taken me 100 years to finally get my son to talk to women, and I fear he may never again if even this doesn't do it!" You heard the once Mrs. Pears stamp her foot into the hill she may as well stand to die on. The hopelessness settled in all over again, but hearing her allow Kim to stay for a while gave you at least a little hope.... Maybe she would change her mind in time...

Kim returned, knowing you had already heard everything she said. "...Thanks.." You whispered.

"It's the LEAST I could do... Just... It filled me with so much childish joy.. seeing our king, so mysterious and so knowing, light up just hearing your name. He just...I dunno...sounded so.. excited, to hear about you, I just couldn't stop myself!"

"It's okay..." You finally turned your head to her. "I probably would have done the same.." You admitted. That probably made her feel a little better...hopefully.