Part 16: Rehearsal

(Aaaa! I didn't realize how nErVoUs I would be until NOW! 🥶 Please give me grace if I screw everything up and just kindly comment what I could have possibly done better!.... Oh wait ..maybe I can still postpone the wedding some more... 😎 Nevermi-)

-

Creating a cape of sorts like before was actually easier this time, believe it or not! Right before your rehearsal the very next day, you were shown the train for your dress. It was a long piece of fabric, which on top was decorated elegantly with fluffed silks and fake white roses. A little over-the-top, but perfect for hiding your wings under! All you had to do in your own time was sew on an extra piece of white cloth, forming a pocket just for your wings. To be extra extra safe, you even added some emergency string that would be used to tie your wings to it, making sure the thing never fell off!

The dress makers had thankfully done as you had asked. They added a little extra cloth in front so it was much more modest, and over your shoulders sewed on a couple simple, thick straps; some see-through white cloth on top forming little cloud shapes, adding that little bit more detail. All-in-all, the dress was both pretty and comfortable now.

Everyone took a short trip to the largest, fanciest, and also one of the oldest, churches around. The trip wasn't long, thankfully. You didn't have to wear your big wedding dress there, thankfully, but you would on the way back tomorrow, so.. glad the trip was only about 30 minutes or so!

Kim sat beside you in the long fancy vehicle, her small hand resting on your large shivering one. Herobrine sat on the other side talking to his brother about TVs, asking him how the speakers worked. Mrs. Persson sat in the passenger seat of the vehicle far from sight.

When all of you arrived, you stepped out of the vehicle in amazement. The church was massive! Its whole roof was made with towers poking the sky. Such detail was engraved into every single dark tan brick! Elaborate paintings were portrayed through the glass windows, depicting the 4 elemental gods the humans believed in: supposedly dragons who could transform into humans and walk among them. It was a beautiful place. Wouldn't be surprising to find out it was almost as ancient as you!.. Heh.

When you entered, dark teal carpeting muffled your footsteps. There were lots of people standing around, already almost done decorating the place! The room you entered had tall ceilings, two flights of stairs on either side, and one massive doorway in front of you. In the room beyond, the ceiling was even higher, painted windows on either side welcoming in colorful light, and a large podium where you would stand. Your stomach squeezed at the sight. Beautiful and exciting the sight may be, it was also terrifying that this was it... This was the place you would be getting married...tomorrow.

"Alright, everyone! Chop chop!" Mrs. Persson clapped. Everyone who had stopped to stare suddenly sprung back into action, hanging long vines covered with white flowers and decorating the many many rows of pews with yarn and lace! "Hero and (Y/n), please make your way to your respective rooms." Said the older woman sweetly. You reluctantly followed a couple servant girls into the bride's room, Kim following you. When you were in there, you asked for the other two ladies to leave the room as you changed for privacy reasons, but really it was just so that Kim could help you tuck your wings into the train of your dress real quick. Once the dress and long cape were on, you let the other girls come in to help you with the finer details such as your hair, nails, shoes, etc. Apparently these two would also be your bridesmaids, Kim being the maid of honor. Since this was only a rehearsal, they didn't care as much about the fine details, which was fine since that just made the process a whole lot less excruciating.

When done, you were guided out of the room to a gathered together in the main room where the pastor was going over the ceremony with everyone. Like a director, he explained the assigned roles each person had and when they would do what. Most of the people here did this regularly, so it was mostly the new guys, aka you guys, who needed the most running down of the plan. When all was said, everyone took their posts. You were placed at the end of the long line with a bouquet of flowers wrapped in both hands. For a while, you stood there waiting, thinking about the oddities of today.