Part 22: All That's Left...

(I'm sorry for what happened in the last chapter, guys! Y/n peer pressured me into it!... Also I'm a sucker for hurt/comfort so E.)

-

"...(Y/n)? What... What happened??" He began to glance around frantically.

"Shhh... It's okay....

...

..

.

It was just a bad dream."

--------

You knew it wasn't right to blame Hero for everything that has just happened. Whatever it was...it was clearly beyond his control.

Your eyes started to sting again, blurring so badly you could barely see Hero's faintly glowing eyes... He was back! After quickly brushing your plucked feathers under the bed, you crawled back on with Hero, with mild hesitancy, laying half-way on top of his back where you hugged him with concealed sobs. You were tired. You knew he was tired... No more being awake. Only sleep.

Under you, Hero's concern grew. "W..what happened??"

"It was a bad dream!" You reminded him. "You were...thrashing, and kicking..and I felt so bad!"

"Did I kick you off the bed??"

"...Maybe..."

"Wait." Quickly, one of Hero's hands slipped behind him to graze over the back of your shirt. Your nerves stung as he did so. A massive sigh of relief exited the man's mouth. "Man.. That was...some realistic nightmare! When did I fall asleep? I- I don't remember doing so!"

"About... maybe an hour ago..?"

"Wait, at what point?" You had to recall the previous half an hour to hour for a good answer.

"Well... I promised I wouldn't leave you..and you promised yu-you wouldn't hurt m-e... And then I laid my head down on your chest and we fell asleep... You woke me up..just now."

"Oh...well I'm so sorry! My nightmare. Well, it was so real! You- you were a Falk!.. and, you started scratching me- a-and pinned me down so I couldn't move! I- I'm sorry if I scared you- I really am!" Hero's breathing was a little more exaggerated as he told his side of the story. ...When did..? When did you ever scratch him?? You hugged your husband tighter, wrapping a leg over him a little more. You were still shaken from the whole ordeal, but still desperately clung to the Hero that you knew.

"..I'm so sorry I scared you that badly... I'm so so sorry..." You kissed the back of his neck. You wondered if this was how he felt every time you had shown signs of being scared of him.

"No need to be sorry... It was just a dream, after all... Right...?"

"....Yes." You weren't looking for a repeat of what had just happened.

Herobrine's shivering breaths followed, relaxing again into his pillow. Slowly, his eyes closed. Right before sleep, Herobrine's uncomfortable arm at his side pushed outward, poking you in the stomach.

"Ow!.." An involuntary yelp. Hero's attention was brought to you again quickly.

"What happened??"

"Nothing.." You groaned, clutching your stomach. "Just...a bruise."

"From me!?" Hero pushed himself up onto his elbows.

"No no! Well....yeah."

Demanding, "Come here. Let me hold you."