Part 35 LA AVIS FATALE

Nota bene: the chapter features mature content!

"Are you ready?" The corners of my lips lift up when I see her in my clothes. She looks much better and more stylish. It seems that she has always lived in my world but her orange eyes that are glancing at me with curiosity. Undoubtedly, she is looking forward to what will happen next.

Could it have been different? I mean... What if she started treating me not as her strong Mage Avis, but as a frightened girl who at once lost everyone she loved and considered her family. I feel weird about living with her now, but it never stops me from deliciously loving her every night. Every single night I'm pleasing her, but during the day I act as if nothing has happened. Poor Zarya is taking everything for granted; maybe she thinks that decent girls should do the sacrament of love only under the cover of night? More likely she is just embarrassed to show her feelings or ask for my special attention during the day, because it means that she, a noble lady mage, is a real lesbian... What a shame for her family... By the way, she never says she loves me too.

"Do you want your hair cut?" I feel that she wants to touch my curly pixie bangs, but she changes her mind, dropping her hand. "I don't know why you want this. You have such beautiful wavy locks! I was so surprised having seen you in this world with short hair!"

Cygnie loved my short hair.

I cut my hair as soon as I left my parents. I liked my new hairstyle. It seemed to me that being far from friends and parents I should look more independent, stronger, and... well, obviously, I could not find anything better than to try on a stereotypical male role. Deep down, I knew that it's not clothes or looks that make us stronger or more independent. Avis had long hair; she loved beautiful dresses, stunning jewelry, elegant shoes, but it didn't stop her from being a strong warlock who was making even Prince Livius fear her. I don't think she was a bad person. In the world of Nefeli local women definitely need to be strong, because you are either closeted noble mage Zarya, who looks down on peasants but fears to accept her sexuality in the homophobic society, or you are little Cygnie, who happened to be poor and beautiful, which is the worst combination to my mind.

I always wondered why Avis could find her sex partners so easily; she charmed women and men so easily, and then she just as easily disappeared from their lives, leaving pleasant aroma of sweet berries. It's starting to make sense to me why she would do any of these things she did. Avis didn't know her real parents (they died when she was an infant), her foster sister died too, and I'm sure that Avis blamed herself for not saving her. And what's so frustrating is that the only one she really loved considered the relationship between women unnatural. If only Zarya had given her a hint about her feelings. That's why it's so easy to seek comfort in Cygnie's gentle arms who looks at you with such adoration and submission. Perhaps Avis has been only with Cygnie before the disappearance. Maybe the mistress of the Hare castle too wanted to get into a quiet world with round windows and just love her gentle and affectionate swan girl.

"Shorter? Like this model in the photo?"

"Yes, please," I say confidently, watching my curls falling on the floor. In the reflection of the mirror, I'm watching Zarya who is sitting at the coffee table. She's bashfully staring at the tanned girls in sexy swimsuits who are brazenly looking at her from the cover of a fashion magazine. A girl in a super short miniskirt brings her coffee in a white cup. I grin as I watch Zarya push the magazine away as if she was caught doing something very indecent.

When we left the beauty salon, Zarya touches my little finger with hers. Outside my apartment we never act like a couple, but everything we do together look like real dates. I don't want to embarrass her in front of other people, because for her it is a real psychological barrier. And somewhat I'm glad that she doesn't force me to discuss our feelings giving me some space exactly until the moment in the evening when I imperiously push her on my bed or bend her over the kitchen table and love her with my tongue almost making her faint, but I don't let Zarya touch me under the panties. Later, when she falls asleep, I go to the shower, turn on the water, and find myself on the verge of starting to hit my head against the bathroom wall. Fear for Kaleb, Celandine, and most importantly Cygnie is haunting me. I can't relax, can't allow myself to feel pleasure with her. The only thing that makes me happy is Zarya's beautiful moans. I'm so glad that I can please her. I want to show her that there is nothing wrong or unnatural in loving a woman, in surrendering to a woman.

"I'm hungry," she whispers.

"Sorry," I reply just as quietly. "Well, I guess I just didn't expect it to take quite so long." I chuckle, tousling my boyishly short hair. "I know that you don't like my haircut, but it's my choice."

In response she looks around, quickly kisses me on the cheek, and pulls away.

"What's that for?" I touch my skin where her tender lips have just been.

"I'm really sorry."

"No, you don't have to be sorry," I smile at marigold, taking her by the waist. "You've never eaten noodles and tempura, have you? It's not far away, and then we'll go home."

Zarya looks a little disappointed, "I thought we'd have a little walk afterwards. Let's go to that place with beautiful store windows."

"We will go there in the evening: the Mall is open until almost eleven. We can certainly go there immediately after the noodle restaurant, but I was actually hoping to come home, undress you, and do you in all possible sexual positions," I say it very casually, but inside I want to grab her hand and walk the girl home right now.

"A-Alright," stumbles Zarya, biting her lips. "I don't mind going to Mall later, much later or just stay at home till tomorrow."

"Good girl," I whisper in her ear without touching her, but it seems to me that she's just given a very soft moan.

***
There's lots of people in the noodle restaurant. Zarya, as a noble lady among the noisy crowd of "commoners" of my world, feels uncomfortable. Many guys are glancing at her, no doubt, it's difficult to deny her attractiveness. Her graceful demeanor only attracts more attention. She feels a little lost, and she's clinging to me, and I hug or touch her waist and shoulders every now and then, making it clear that she is with me.

Loud music is playing, and some Asian girl group is dancing erotically on the flat-screen TV; someone is speaking loudly on the phone; several teenagers burst into loud laughter bending over the flashing smartphone screen. I cast a worried look at the mage. She seems in awfully good spirits, but I see how tense she is.

"Go to the room where there are fewer people and find an empty table. I will pay off and bring us tray of food," I smile, "Take my backpack. I'll be there soon."

"Wait, what about money?"

I show her the card. Zarya smiles taking my backpack and quickly head to the coziest room.

If we never get out of this world, will she get used to living here with me?

I place the heavy tray down on the table to take the chopsticks and napkins. Zarya is so prominent against the general background: her straight back, her false indifference, her superior air... it's just a tease, I'm sure.

Hmm, let's see how she acts a noble lady in bed with me later today.

I involuntarily bite my lower lip: my icy mood seems to have been broken, I know my capriciousness and prudeness begin to surrender. Chopsticks fall off the tray:

I shouldn't have put them so close to the edge. Now I need to take new ones.

"May I help you?"

"Ohh, thanks! It's super stupid. I put so many things on one tray. I should have taken the second tray and..."

I groan, my breath catching as Cygnie is handing me the chopsticks.