Chapter 6

The both of us start to walk back to the main spot of the beach, the one where we always meet up. The sun is burning hot, and I am probably going to have a slight sunburn. Dream's skin is already darker than mine as he works every day in the sun.

My hands are carrying my shoes, so I can feel the sand underneath my feet. We get closer to the water, walking on the shore. The water from a wave reaches our feet. It feels even warmer than before.

Dream decides to kick some water with his foot directly on me. His sudden action takes me by surprise. The only logical thing to do is do it back. We start a little water fight, laughing like two idiots together.

"COME HERE GEORGE" The younger man says loudly.

At this point, the both of us are soaking wet. I really want to win this fight, so I make my way towards him to yeet him directly in the water. I'm almost next to him when he realizes that I'm there. He flinches so much that he falls down into the water by himself.

He looks up at me with a fearful expression, before I take a step back trying to process what had just happened. Dream suddenly realizes what he had just done. The man gets up as fast as possible, fixing his hair and his soaking wet hoodie. I stand there, in shock, not knowing what to do. We make eye contact, and I can tell he is a mix of embarrassment with a bit of fear.

"I'm so, so sorry, I just-" I start before getting cut by Dream.

"Don't worry about it, it's nothing" he quickly adds, looking uncomfortable.

At his point, I'm worried about him. This is not normal behavior. The taller man has been acting weirdly all day. I don't want to make things even more awkward between us, but I still want to make sure he's all right.

"Um, Dream you know if there's anything I can help you with, I'm always there"

He interrupts his hair replacement to look at me. I can feel his brokenness, and it scares me a little. This man is the only definition of confidence, but there he is, looking absolutely terrified. I am not sure if it is the right thing to say in that kind of situation, but I just want to make things better. Most importantly, I don't want him to say things he might not be comfortable saying. A gentle smile escapes his lips.

"Thanks, but don't worry about me" he answers softly.

Despite him not wanting me to worry, I can't help but worry so much. He seems to notice it.

"No, really George, it's alright"

I nod silently, scared of any sound that could come out of my mouth. The atmosphere becomes so tense and awkward. We don't exchange any words for a few seconds before I decide to say something.

"Are we going to surf tonight"?

His face lights up a little.

"Yeah of course, Nick and Karl are also there tonight"

I look at my phone in my pocket. It is almost 3 pm.

"We should go eat somewhere with the boys tonight before going surfing" he says, looking down at me. "None of us are working today, so we could go eat at like 5:30"

He seems very happy with the idea he just came up with. Of course, I really want to go since I'm free all day, and the simple thought of spending more time with them is exciting.

"Of course, we should definitely do that"

"I'll text them right now" he says before pulling his phone out of his pocket.

We talk a little more, completely forgetting about everything that happened a few minutes earlier. We continue walking on the beach for a while, before reaching the main spot on the beach.

"Hey can I take you somewhere" he says suddenly turning to face me.

His sudden action takes me by surprise. Dream has a gigantic smile on his gorgeous face. I only know him for a couple of days, but it feels like we are already best friends. The tall boy looks really happy to tell me about this location. I can't help, but get really excited as well.

"Um sure of course" I respond giggling.

I feel a hand grab my wrist, and pull me towards the parking lot. He is literally running, and I have trouble keeping up. We look like two twelve years old kids in a candy shop. People are staring at us, but neither of us care. For once, it feels normal, and I'm not getting nervous. The sand under our feet is really hot, and I feel it burn under me.

We finally make it to his car, out of breath. The both of us take a quick second to catch our breath. He looks up to me, and I can feel happy energy radiate from him. He proceeds to open the door of the passenger seat for me.

"Monsieur"

"Thank you" I respond giggling, because of the cute attention

Dream starts the car. Once again, the music from his playlist starts to play. This time, he doesn't try to turn it off. He looks at me smiling, before I nod in agreement. I turn the volume of the music all the way up. Music is blasting in the car, and the both of us are screaming the lyrics from the top of our lungs. We definitely like the same type of music, and it makes it so much better.

The car is driving on the highway at a pretty fast pace. I wish this moment would never end, but we are still going somewhere. After around 35 minutes, Dream pulls into a small parking lot. The place looks absolutely stunning. We are on top of a small mountain, and a long path seems to go even higher on the top.

"Follow me" he says before starting to walk in front of me.

I follow him without saying anything more. It takes about five minutes to get there. As soon as the path ends, I see colors everywhere. In fact, we were in a small flower field. The view is absolutely outstanding. We can see the sea down below us. I take a quick look around trying to understand the beauty of this place.

"You like it?" he asks, looking at me.

It takes me a few seconds to snap back to reality. I take a quick look down the cliff, then to the flowers, before finishing with Dream.

"Of course, it's like..." I hesitate for a second "Perfect".

He laughs a little at my stutter before grabbing my wrist to get me somewhere. We quickly arrive at the rock on the border of the cliff, and we both sit down.

"I used to come here every day when I was living with my parents. It's actually pretty near my old house" he looks down a little "It would make me escape everything, and it felt like I could breathe again every time I came here. It's been years since I last came, and I'm kinda happy it didn't change at all" he says looking around before smiling.

He picks up a little flower on the ground next to me. The flower is light blue almost purple. It has five petals, and a black center. He looks down at it for a few seconds, swirling it in between his fingers for a second. His eyes meet mine as he smiles a bit.

"For you" he says before handing me the small flower.

I laugh a little at the small attention.

"Thank you" I respond, giggling. 

Hello! Please consider voting it is really appreciated! Thank you so much for reading!

Rosa <3