Chapter 13

I was sitting in the corner of my room, hugging my knees. I was a crying mess and my head was hurting just like somebody had hit it with a baseball bat. My body was shaking uncontrollably out of fear. I try to stand up a little, but my legs are so weak that I fall back almost immediately on the floor. The room was dark with only a small bed in the corner. My surf was leaning against the wall.

It has been 18 years that I have lived in this toxic place, and the only thing I want is to leave. Nick has always told me I could move in with him and his parents. His family have always accepted him the way he was, reassuring him about everything. I was dead jealous. I knew that my family wouldn't let me run away this easily.

I started getting more and more stressed every second as my heart started to speed up. This is probably going to be the final straw for my parents. I have been hiding it for almost two years now, and I was tired of pretending I was like others. I knew this was probably my last seconds in this house as I stood up, going down the stairs of my house.

It has been a couple of days since the day Dream disappeared. I am obviously still very worried about him, but we are leaving for the trip in a week, so it's the only thing I think about. We try to hang out every day of this week since a tropical storm is announced in the next few days. It shouldn't affect much, but we are probably not going to be able to go surfing.

Streaming is also taking up all my time. I am getting very active on it, streaming almost every single day. Dream's twitch channel is also gaining a lot of subscribers. Everything could be so perfect if my worries weren't filling up my head.

This morning, I woke up very excited. Yesterday, Dream invited me to go eat out tonight. He said that he wanted to make me discover his favorite restaurant. I couldn't say no to it even if I am very nervous right now. Even Nick had texted me to tell me to have a great time at the restaurant.

 It makes me a little bit nervous since I feel like they were going to do something. Dream refused to play Minecraft with me today because he said that he had something to do. I was wondering why, since he doesn't even have work today.

In other circumstances, I would be nervous for him, but today it is different. It is only 10 am right now, but I already start to get excited. I walk around my house trying to find the perfect thing to wear. He didn't specify for me to dress in any way, so I will probably put on a hoodie and some jeans.

I try to occupy myself as I see my phone on the table. I pick it up immediately to call my sister. After a few rings, a voice comes out of the speaker.

"Hey" a familiar voice says.

"Hello Liv, how are you" I respond, very excited.

"Amazing, actually I just went out to eat with my boyfriend, and you?"

She says the last sentence with so much excitement in her voice. I can feel that she definitely likes him a lot. I really want to get to meet him one day.

"Well I didn't to anything just yet since it is still morning in Florida"

"Ah yes, it's true actually" she comments, before I continue"

"It's kinda ironic that you went to eat out. I'm actually doing the same thing tonight with Dream".

I really didn't think before I speak, and I really regret it.

"OMG GEORGE, you have a crush on that Dream guy, don't you?" she says almost screaming through the phone.

I have no idea how to answer that question honestly. I am not sure yet about everything. I still don't even know what gender I like. She probably understands my hesitation.

"Hey it's ok, I'm sorry, I don't want to pressure you".

My sister is only sixteen, but yet, she is the most mature and understanding person I have ever met. I don't think anything she could say could make me uncomfortable.

"No don't worry sis, I just don't even know... what kind of person I like, if you understand"

"Yeah don't worry about it, take your time"

We continued to talk like this for a while, before every subject of conversation was approached. I mostly talked about my upcoming trip, since she asked for every little detail of it. Only a week and I am going to lay down with my toes in the sand.

...

The afternoon went by so slowly because I had a ton of things to do, since I am not going to be working for two weeks. I tried my best to take the least I could and all to do it before, but it is still so much work. My eyes are burning from almost being on the screen for the whole day. I get up, tired of sitting down. Maybe I can leave for the beach already, I mean, the worst is I'm going to have to wait a few minutes.

I change my clothes very quickly before brushing my hair. I walk out of my house shortly after, locking my door. My legs start to speed up, as I just can't wait to finally get there and see Dream again. Being with him is absolutely an obsession. I literally rely on him to be happy. How was I even surviving before I met him?

I finally arrive at the beach, before sitting down on the rock I always sit on.

Hello! If you are currently reading this story, I absolutely love you more than you know!

Rosa <3