Chapter 11

It has been a little more than a week since the boys announced to me the trip to Greece. Since then, everything has been planning itself, and we are all super excited to fly away. It is literally our only subject of conversation every time we hang out all together. We continue to go to the beach every single day, and I practice surfing the most I can, to prepare for the trip. In fact, I'm getting better every day, and I don't find it as hard as in the beginning.

Dream is probably the most excited one: he always smiles when we talk about it and I can literally see stars in his eyes when he tells me how much fun it is going to be. He often talks about how much he has wanted to travel, and it is finally his chance.

When I told my sister about it, she was the happiest I have ever seen her. I knew that she would be so happy for me, but I didn't expect a reaction like that. It's almost like she is the one leaving, because she looks even more excited than me. Although I know she is happy for me, I still wish I could bring her with us. I really miss her.

Other than that, streaming has been doing fairly well in the last week. I average so many viewers now each stream, and it makes me happier than ever. I'm a bit sad that I am not going to stream for a whole two weeks because of the trip. Dream joins me in almost every single stream when he is not at work. I'm obviously getting better and better at the game, since he teaches me a lot of new skills and other stuff.

It's almost 10 am now, and I want to stream really badly. Dream is only available to night, so it is unfortunately going to be an alone stream. As soon as I read my chat, the people are disappointed as well that Dream is not there. Solo streams are still cool, but probably way less entertaining for the viewers.

I have been streaming for about two hours now when I receive a phone call from an unknown number. The notification pops up, and I have time to see it. I decline the phone call, obviously, and I lay my phone back on my table.

A few seconds later, I receive another text from an unknown number. Despite being on stream, I open the message in curiosity.

Unknown number

Hello George, it's Nick. I wanted to know if Dream is with you right now.

I read the text almost three times over, and over again. Dream? He has work today, and he told me that he wasn't available. While still trying to entertain chat, I respond quickly to Nick.

George

No, he told me he was working today, he should be with you.

Was Dream lying to me and Nick, and was actually with somebody else. I feel myself get a wave of sadness in my body at the thought that Dream maybe has better plans than to hang out with me.

Nick

Yeah well I was waiting for him, like every morning, but he just never came, and I thought maybe he wanted to hang out with you.

George

Did he ever do that before?

Nick

No never

George

I'm worried, pls come to my house. I'll text you the address.

I take a few seconds to say goodbye to my chat, before turning off my computer. I didn't say anything to my viewers, since I don't want them to worry. Dream probably just forgot to tell me that he was visiting his family today. It's still weird, he seems just fine this morning while we were texting.

I scroll back to our conversation, checking if he actually told me that he was working today. Just like I thought, a text says that he was going to work today. I try to stay as calm as possible, since being nervous is not going to help anything.

I try to think about different possible scenarios, when I hear a knock on the door. I open it to see an even more worried Nick.

"Hey" I say, before letting him in.

Nick stays silent for a while and I wonder if he is going to say anything. It's like he is lost in his thoughts. I look at him to try and have an answer from him.

"Um yeah hello...sorry man I'm just so worried for Dream" he says "I don't know I mean he is an adult, and he can take care of himself, but for some reason it stresses me out so much. Do you have any idea where he could be?"

I understand his feelings, but for some reason it worries me even more.

"Well I mean maybe he just went to visit his family". I say unsure, trying to reassure Nick.

The boy looks at me dead in the eyes. His glare is a mix of anger, and a lot of incomprehension.

"No, never, not his family" He responds.

I'm a bit surprised by his answer, but I continue, ignoring him.

"He texted me this morning saying that he was actually going to work"

Nick's face turns towards mine with a lot of interest. That means that he may have had an accident or something. This doesn't make sense since Nick is the first contact on Dream's urgent phone call. They would have been contacted by now.

We talk, trying to find answers to where Dream could be. Our minds come up with the most insane theories about where he could possibly be hiding. We agree that if he wasn't found in the next hour and a half, we would call the police for help. It might be unnecessary, but we are better safe than sorry.

Nick and I absolutely blow Dream's phone with texts and missed calls. Nick tells Karl about what is going on, and he seems as confused as me. After a while, I randomly burst out crying. It's like every emotion ever is coming out of my body at the same time. I really really hope nothing bad had happened to him, and that tonight we would be able to all go surfing, like nothing ever happened.

Nick gives me a comforting hug, clearly wanting to cry himself. We don't exchange any words, since it is unnecessary. After a while, Karl knocks on the door. We invited him, because we thought that it would be easier if we were more.

"Staying in the house is not going to help with anything. We must go searching" Nick proposes.

We both agree and make our way out of my apartment. The three of us enter Nick's car and start driving around. We don't have any idea on where we are heading. We make a stop at the beach to see if he is here, but the other lifeguards confirm that he is still nowhere to be seen.

I panic more and more since we are half an hour away from calling the police for help.

"George, you really have no idea where Dream could have been?" Karl asks.

"Wait...

Have a great day

Rosa <3