Chapter 15

It is already night, and the air is much colder than before. My hoodie isn't enough for that temperature. The stars are filling the sky, as I take a moment to admire them. I notice a constellation, right above me. I take my finger to trace the shape of it, before starting to walk again. After another 10 minute, I finally make it to my house.

I hesitate to twist the door knob of my home, standing in front of it. I know that my parents are there, and it just makes it so much worse. They are definitely going to be pissed, because I arrived so late. My cheeks are still bright red from all the crying I did.

I get lost in my mind for a few seconds. I think about everything I could do if I just left the place. If I just ran away, and actually listened to Nick. We could just live together in an apartment. It is going to happen soon, at least I hope so. Before even thinking of that, I have to say it tonight.

I enter the house without confidence, trying to be the most discrete possible. My mom and dad are both fighting and yelling at each other in the living room. I was obviously expecting it, but it still hurts. I place my two hands on my ears as I run up to my room as fast as I can. With a little bit of chance, none of them saw me.

My hopes fade away as I hear my name getting called from downstairs. I start panicking again, as I make my way towards them.

Like usual, they both yell at me for being home so late. They tell me terrible things I wish I could forget forever. It is definitely the worst time ever to tell them, but I gather the rest of the confidence I own, before speaking up.

I have been laying on my bed for the past hour, not wanting to go to sleep. This is like the worst torture ever. Getting hit with a baseball bat wouldn't be as bad, I'm pretty sure. I can't cry because maybe everything is fine, but I am still dead worried. Something has to be wrong. He is acting so weirdly all the time, and Nick as well. They are always talking like they hide something from me, and I feel so useless to them.

I continue thinking as rain starts to pour even more on my roof. I can hear it very clearly, every little drop landing above me. The loud noise creates a peaceful background noise. The storm has definitely started, and it gives me another reason to worry.

I lay my head back on the bed, staring at the roof. My body is in the same position as the night I first met Dream. At the time, I was laying here, exactly the same, except the emotions I was feeling were positive. I let out a deep sight, exhausted about everything. I'm tired of always feeling like I have to do something, even if there is clearly nothing I can do.

I remember when I was a shy and super alone person. My life has definitely been very different since then. Even if I'm extremely happy with meeting everybody, sometimes I feel like being alone again. And by alone, I mean for them to leave my brain. They take so much space, and I don't have a place for any other things.

I take a few deep breaths as a tear starts to run down my cheek. I have grown to love them so, so much, and it hurts to think they don't care.

A loud noise breaks my thought as I cover my ears with both hands, taken by surprise. The thunder is extremely loud, as lightning can be observed out of my window. It creates a somehow comforting and scary ambiance.

I don't want to be here. I don't want to be alone. I just want to see Dream. I close my eyes to try, and analyze everything. When I open them, the room is completely dark. The power probably just went off. It is normal, there is no reason to worry about it. I try to reassure myself as I go grab some candles.

The lighter is probably on top of the fridge. I grab it, before lighting three candles, placing them on the table in front of me. The light they create is warm and calming. The soft scent of flowers slowly starts to fill the room.

I lay my head on the table as I look at my phone. Already 2 am, and I can't get myself to fall asleep. I have nothing to do, and I am dead worried. I can't do this, I need to do something. I put on a hoodie before reaching for a coat in my closet. I put it over my head, and on myself. Hopefully, the temperature will not be too cold.

I give the candles a soft blow, so they don't burn the entire house down. I scan once more my apartment, before taking my keys and leaving. As soon as I step outside, I already know this is a bad idea. Rain is pouring down, and the streets look more like the ocean than actual streets.

I panic as I see lightning cross the sky. It is a bit risky, but it shouldn't be too dangerous. I start running under the streetlights, trying to remember my path. Nick never brought me to his house, but I know the address since he gave it to me in case. Hopefully, Dream is still at Nick's house. Imagine if I just came all the way there for nothing.

Nick's house is a good 25 minutes away from my house. I don't own a car, and it is at this exact moment that I regret it the most. I continue walking as fast as I can under the absolutely terrible weather. My shoes are soaking wet which makes it harder to walk. Each step feels so painful, and hard, but I don't give up on my objective. Some would call me crazy, I would call myself confident.

I finally arrive at the door after what feels like hours. I open the door of the tall building, before finding the right apartment. My hand is on the door knob, but I hesitate to twist it. I just stand there in disbelief that I am actually here. What if they just send me back, because I didn't listen to what Nick said earlier? I don't want to wake them up either.

I knock slowly on the door. Nothing comes for about a minute. I am about to knock for the second time when the door opens quickly. Nick is just standing there, with tired eyes. He looks at me up and down for a few seconds before letting out.

"George?"

Hey!!! You guys are more and more every day to read this story! Please vote and leave a comment if you enjoy it so far!

Rosa <3