Chapter 12

"Wait... I might have an idea".

The head of the two boys turn right to me looking at me like they both want to kill me.

"Where please tell me where" Nick says.

I have no idea if this is actually where we need to check, but for some reason I trust myself.

"Turn to the right at the next road, and stay on the highway for a while"

Nick turns directly to the right without hesitation. None of them question me on why I would lead them towards this place, and why I would know Dream is there. No words are said for a while, just driving as fast as we can down the highway. I look at my phone to see only thirty minutes, before we actually ask for the cops.

The closer we get to the place, the more confused Nick looks. I know that he wants to ask me why I'm leading them towards this place, but he doesn't say anything. Five minutes later, Nick can't contain it anymore.

"Why are you bringing us here?" he asks, a little bothered.

"Dream brought me here once, and he said it was an important place for him so..."

Nick doesn't look convinced by my story, probably asking himself why I made them come as far as here just because Dream showed me this place. He doesn't say anything about it, probably trying not to frustrate me. Karl looks lost in thought, his typical giggle nowhere to be heard.

We are five minutes away from the location when Nick reminds me of the deal we made.

"We need to call the police, George" Nick says.

"If Dream is not there, we will call. It's only five minutes away".

Nick seems to agree with my statement. We finally arrive at the small parking lot after what feels like hours. My hopes all die in the flames as Dream's car is not in the parking lot.

I get out of the car, before running towards the small path leading towards the top of the mountain. Karl and Nick are running behind me as fast as they can. It took us five minutes the last time I came here to climb this path. This time, however, it takes us less than two minutes.

I finally reach the top, seeing the familiar view with all the colors. I run at the rock we were sitting on last time. All the worries on my mind leave my body when I see him, sitting on the rock facing the sea. Without thinking twice, I run up to him and literally jump on him.

I don't think he noticed me because he looks scared, but I can't care less. I am now sitting on his lap, my arms wrapped around his body, crying on his shoulder.

"George what?" he asks, softly.

I wonder for a while why Karl and Nick have not arrived, but I see them standing far away from here. They definitely didn't want to interrupt the moment, but I could see the biggest smile on their faces. I smile back at them in the distance, before I let go of the hug to look at Dream's face. His face is red like he has been crying.

He looks so confused, while I'm just smiling, a hand on his cheek.

"Where the heck were you, you scared the crap out of all of us. We were about to call the cops".

Dream looks at me, then to Nick and Karl, then to me again.

"I left a note this morning in Nick's lifeguard locker, did he not find it?" Dream continues.

"Well no, and you just disappear like that, and we've been searching for you for almost two hours now". I say, desperately. "Why are you even here, and why are you crying?"

He looks away from my face for a few seconds, looking back at the ocean. He hugs me even closer to him now. Even if he isn't crying, I can still understand his pain. I think he just wanted some time alone for today, and I feel a bit bad for screwing it up. I am still worried about why he is crying, but I feel so relieved to know he didn't get kidnapped or anything.

We stay like this for a few more minutes, neither of us wanting to face the real world and let go. I trace circles on his back to try and comfort him. I know that something is going wrong with him. I finally pull out of the hug.

"Hey are you ok" I ask nicely.

"Yeah don't worry about me" he responds.

Is he actually joking? We just found him at the end of the damn world, crying by himself. Am I a joke to him?

"Come on Dream, there has to be something going wrong"

"I don't know, I guess I'm a little bit stressed about the trip"

I can clearly tell he is lying. He has been talking about the trip non-stop saying how fun it is going to be, and how much time we are going to spend together.

"Do you really not trust me? Why are you so secretive about everything? You never answer my questions, and you keep lying to me, I can tell."

I spit the last sentences with a bit of anger in my voice. Dream seems a bit in shock since he stays silent for a while, his breathing getting heavier.

"I do trust you George" he answers in a soft voice.

"I don't even know your real name" I say as a last argument to make him understand how hurt it makes me feel.

I hear a little whimper come out of his mouth, just like I told something that hurts him. I feel so bad for being a little rude with him. He probably goes through a lot, and it is really selfish of me to try and make him say things he probably wants to keep for himself.

"I'm really sorry, I didn't mea..." I start, before getting cut off by Dream.

"Tell me, George, how is it going to be on our trip to Greece". Dream asks softly.

I'm a bit surprised by his request, since I just feel like he doesn't want to tell me anything. My mind just tells me to give him what he wants. I close my eyes, before speaking up.

"It is going to be wonderful" I say.

"And?"

"Well we are going to surf every day, eat the best food of our lives. We will discover the city all together, stopping at some places to take pictures or buy some souvenirs. It is gonna be the best two weeks of our entire lives".

Dream doesn't say anything after that. We stay like this for a moment, neither of us wanting to let go. After a while, Dream gets up, and starts to walk towards the small path that ends in the parking lot. When we arrive there, Nick and Karl are sitting on a bench near the car.

"Hey man you scared us, never disappear like that again". Nick says before pulling Dream into a hug.

"Sorry" is the only answer given by Dream.

Everybody seems to go back to normal, but I can't. He worries me so much, and it literally makes me feel sick. I feel empty knowing that something is hurting him, and that I might be a part of it. Part of me really wants to know what is going on, but part of me says that maybe it is too early, and he just doesn't feel like he can trust me enough.

It hurts a bit as I turn my head to look out of the window. A single teardrop falls from my eye as I quickly wipe it off. Dream seems lost in his mind as I face him. I think he sees me a bit crying, because he passes his thumb on my cheek, before pulling me into a hug. I rest my head on his chest as we drive in perfect silence. 

Let me know if you liked this chapter! Love all of you!

Rosa <3