Chapter 9

The sun is peeking from my curtains as I stretch my arms, before getting up. It is only 8 am, but I still have work to do, so I need to get out of bed. I have the idea to directly call my sister this morning. Last phone call was amazing, and I really want to talk to someone about everything that has been happening lately.

Without further thoughts, I go to my contacts and spot my sister. The phone is ringing.

"Hello" a familiar voice says in my ear.

"Hey Livia, how are you?" I ask, excitedly.

"George Hello" she says in a happy tone.

I ask her a few questions about what is going on on the other side of the Atlantic. Everything seems fine, and nothing has changed. This is the reason I'm so happy to be in Florida. Everything happens here, every day is exciting. Every day is different, and nothing looks bland anymore.

I wish I could show her how happy I am. I wish I could bring her with me because I know how boring she finds London. I can state for a fact that she would be way better than me at surfing. I truly miss her.

"And you" she continues "what has been going on?"

"Um, I go to the beach every day, and yesterday I went to walk along the beach with Dream. It was really nice, we watched the sunset" I answered, smiling softly at the memory from yesterday.

She probably heard the smile while I was talking.

"Ouuuuu I really need to meet that Dream guy" my sister adds, smirking.

"Come on, don't be an idiot" I say, still smiling. "He's pretty cool, and I enjoy so much when we spend time together, and with the other boys"

I say the last words of my sentence with a bit of disappointment. I really hope that Nick and Dream are ok and that they didn't argue about anything serious. They've been friends for so long. But what could have possibly ripped them apart? Of course, they always argue and compete a little, but this is their normal behavior. We stay silent for a few seconds before she speaks up.

"Do you know that a huge storm is planned in like two weeks in Florida?" she continues.

I didn't even know that. I don't really check the weather since it's always hot and sunny here.

"I didn't know" I respond, honestly.

It is really refreshing to talk regularly with her. I miss a lot of the time we would take at home, talking about so many things. We end the call a couple of minutes later, since she has something to do.

I stand up from the bed I am sitting on to go to the kitchen. There is not much left in the fridge, so I need to go to the grocery store today. I'll probably have the time in the afternoon before going out with the boys.

A few hours later, I go grocery shopping. I don't own a car since it is pretty useless here, so I go for a walk. It's not that far, so I can easily grab everything with my hands.

I buy everything I need before heading back towards my home. On my way there something catches my eye. A little bit further down the principal road, there is a surf store.

I don't own one since I just started, and I always need to take Dream's. What if I buy one for myself? I could do some even more without always having to pass it back and forth between us.

I enter the store, before looking at every surf laying on the wall. My knowledge on them is pretty limited, so I ask a worker there. I end up taking a pretty basic one with blue patterns on it. This is perfect. I arrive at my apartment shortly after. I open my phone and realize I have a message from Dream.

Dream

Hey George, come to the beach early, like right now. I have very exciting news.

Exciting news? What? Obviously they are positive news since he wouldn't text me this way if something big had happened. I stare at the text for a few seconds, trying to find the way to respond to that.

I am very confused about why it could even affect me in some ways. I overthink everything, like always.

George

On my way.

I close my phone, before grabbing my brand-new surf to head towards the beach. I walk at a fast pace, getting more and more excited about this news. Hopefully it is something positive. I finally arrive at the spot, after what seems like hours.

There are no words to describe how unbelievably happy I am to see Nick, Dream and Karl all together, smiling. Everything seems fine just like nothing happened yesterday. They probably solved whatever went down between them.

They notice me after a while, greeting me.

"Omg hey George" Nick says with a big smile on his face.

"Hey" I respond with the same cheerful expression as him.

"Did you buy a surf?" Karl asks, looking at it.

"Yeah actually, I just did"

"Hello George" Dream says before pulling me into a quick hug.

Dream's sudden action surprises me since he never did that before, and there are so many people around us. Nick smirks a little bit, like always.

"So, what did you guys need to tell me?"  

Hello! I'm sorry this is a pretty short chapter. Don't worry, the fun part and the action in the story are starting in the next few chapters!

Don't forget to vote and comment if you enjoy the story!!!!

Rosa <3