Part I

Part 1: Crazy Diamond

Remember when you were young, you shone like the sun.
Shine on you crazy diamond.
Now there's a look in your eyes, like black holes in the sky.
Shine on you crazy diamond.
You were caught in the crossfire of childhood and stardom,
blown on the steel breeze.
Come on you target for faraway laughter,
come on you stranger, you legend, you martyr, and shine!

"Shine On You Crazy Diamond I-V", Pink Floyd

Harry was walking the streets of So-Ho.  Just one hour ago, he had left behind the sureness of his flat, trying to escape the air that reigned there, a suffocating atmosphere, filled by the heaviness of unwanted feelings.  Harry breathed the cold wet air of a late winter evening deeply, trying to concentrate on forgetting the annoying presence of guilt in his chest.

Waiting at a traffic lights, he gave a look at his watch. 

Half past ten, he observed, slightly disappointed that he hadn't succeeded in forgetting Mark's words yet. It seems I'm going to need a little help, tonight. Finally, he decided, crossing the street and wandering a bit, searching for any place where he could drink something strong enough to make him swallow that sense of bitterness lingering in his mouth.

Finally, in a secondary road, Harry found what he was looking for.  He gave a curious look to an elegant entrance without any kind of sign.

It must be a club. Strange that I've never heard about it before, he considered, pushing the door open.  It accompanied his entrance with a soft "ding". He narrowed his eyes, trying to adjust his view to the semi obscurity and suddenly he felt a presence at his side and turned, facing a pretty young woman who was smiling at him warmly.

"Good evening sir, and welcome. Could you give me your coat and show me your member card, please?" she asked politely.

Harry blinked in surprise, and then he shrugged, "Sorry, but I don't have a card, miss," he said.

She nodded and smiled again. "There's no problem about it. Could you wait here for a while?"

Harry shrugged and she took that as a yes and so, smiling again, the young woman left quickly.

Harry waited calmly, finally noticing that he was in a sort of waiting room.  The main hall of the club was behind the large door through which the pretty girl had disappeared. He didn't like to wait and in any other case, he would have left immediately, but the curiosity was stronger this time and was helping him to forget his troubles for a while.

Harry was still wondering what kind of place this could be when the door opened again and the girl reappeared with a tall handsome man about forty at her side.

The man stepped towards him and smiled warmly holding out his hand "I'm pleased to play host to Harry Potter in my club."

Harry frowned at that statement, but reached for the hand the man was offering him and shook him firmly. "Pleased to meet you Mr...?"

"Mr. Kaul. Matt Kaul."

Harry nodded "Well, Mr. Kaul, I'm sorry but I don't have this... member card thing," he said provoking an amused smile on the man's thin lips.