Part IV

Part 4: Just This?

Like the naked leads the blind.
I know I'm selfish, I'm unkind.
Sucker love I always find,
Someone to bruise and leave behind.

All alone in space and time.
There's nothing here but what here's mine.
Something borrowed, something blue.
Every me and every you.
Every me and every you,
Every Me...

"Every Me, Every You", Placebo

If it was true that Harry hadn't thought about Draco for three weeks after their meeting, it was even truer that, since he had unwillingly pronounced his name during the dinner with Ron and Hermione, the thought of the fair-haired man hadn't let him go once.

Actually, it was just during that dinner that a twisted idea had begun to take shape in Harry's head, and after a while, it had become so intruding that the Gryffindor lost three night of sleep because of it, three long nights in which he considered every possibility, before finally, on the evening of the fourth day, taking his sports BMW and driving towards a well-known street where there was a certain elegant entrance without any kind of sign.

"Good evening, Mr. Potter," the same pretty young woman greeted him as he entered.

"Good evening, Dana," he answered giving her his coat. "Could you please tell Mr. Kaul that I need to talk to him?" he asked. "Privately," he added after a while.

The girl nodded and disappeared. Then, she came back and led Harry to another door and through a corridor until they finally reached Mr. Kaul’s office. Dana knocked at the door lightly and when the voice of her boss answered, she left.

Harry pushed the door open and went in, while the man got up from his desk and came toward him, holding out his hand. Harry shook it firmly.

"Good evening, Mr. Potter. I'm glad to see you again. Dana told me you had something to tell me. What can I do for you?" he asked, sitting back on his armchair, behind the desk.

Harry settled on a chair in front of him and smiled strangely, narrowing his eyes.

He began the speech that had swirled in his mind for four days now, and while he spoke, a single thought ran continuously in his head: I'm Harry Potter and I obtain what I want. *Always*.

"Draco?" a voice called softly.

"Yeah?" he answered, placing the orders he had just took on the counter. Then he turned. "Tell me Dana," he said, managing a little smile on his pale lips.

Dana tore her gaze from the man she had learned to admire since she had begun working there. Actually, she didn't really know what happened every time Draco disappeared with some of the guests, but she could easily imagine from the tired look on that angelic face every time he came back.

She clearly remembered Draco going away with that Harry Potter last time. She also remembered how upset he was afterwards, even if he did his best, as usual, to hide his state of mind. Draco's control was another of the reasons why Dana admired the fair-haired man so much. She knew she would never have been able to remain so distant and cold if she were ever subjected to the attentions that Draco had so often received.

Fortunately, she didn't really need that job as much as Draco did, and there was no way that Mr. Kaul could force her to do something she didn't wanted to. The real reasons why her boss wanted her working there were her loyalty and her attention to whatever happened in the club, qualities that often had come useful in Mr. Kaul's business. And now, that very same attention and the inability to tear her eyes from that candid and perfect figure had enabled her to detect even the slightest change in Draco's expression. She flinched as he smiled at her, because his lips seemed to say that smiling was actually the last thing he wanted to do in that moment.