IRON FIST x DOUBTFUL WILL

Charya wasn't comfortable. The room's air seemed compressed.

How could air feel as thick as whipped cream?

His whole outfit felt like a straitjacket. Who knew one could feel like a tin canned sardine in a two thousand euros Dior suit. Around him, all were as formerly dressed.

Charya looked to his side. Fay was stunning, yet his focus was elsewhere.

Margot.

The woman went berserk when the doctor touched on her boyfriend's infidelity. Her reaction confirmed his theory. Margot's man cheated on her more than once, but there was one time that outstood the others. Margot didn't spill the details, but Charya knew the event triggered her libido extinction.

Fay lightly squeezed his hand under the table.

"How have you been, Mr. Lau?"

The man huffed before releasing, "good, not thanks to you. I won't waste any time. I'm only here to set a date," he said before unfolding his napkin.

Mr. Lau set the tone.

Charya cleared his throat, ready to answer when Fay intervened, "dad, we'll get married when we decide."

"No, Fay, I'm not having it anymore. Three years ago, it was waiting until he graduates. Then the excuse was we'll wait until Charya has a job. Now he has a job. He's making money. It's time, Fay. I'll pay for the wedding. He already has a position ready in the Pekingese union medical college hospital."

"Excuse me with all my respect. I have no intention of moving to China."

The older man cocked an inquisitive brow that throbbed like a ticking time bomb, "what? Are you really going to carry on practicing in that government institution when I have a place for you in the best and most prestigious hospital of China?"

"Sir, I'm not into any prestige."

The notion of prestige was an issue from day one. First, the couple had to climb the mixed hurdle of Charya's origins. Fay practically had to bring in the man's family tree to justify Carya's glorious Chinese ancestry.

Charya had to ignore and smile at comments such as he's taller and whiter than I expected during the first family dinners he assisted.

Luckily for Charya being in the medical field was a family affair. For generations, both men and women in his family sported the doctor's white blouse, but the Soks did not scream their exploits or rub their careers in people's faces.

Apart from that, love did the rest for the couple. Though a thought-through man, Charya let down his guard to fall headfirst in love. The sentiment was enough to have the man accept being bullied by his future father-in-law.

"I spoke to your parents. They agree with me."

Charya titled his head from side to side in doubt, "my parents agreed?"

The man already saw how the conversation went. His mother verbally jousted for his honor while his father wondered what type of curry he should put in the evening dinner.

"Yes, they did. A wedding this fall would be perfect," Mr. Lau affirmed.

"Fay."

All lifted their stare to look at the intruder, who happened to be a charming double of Xiao Zhan, the popular Chinese actor.

"Wang, my boy," Mr. Lau got up to embrace him.

Never had Charya seen the older man this enthusiastic. One would think he was going to cry with joy as he tapped on the sides of Wang's shoulders, "how have you been, son?"