VACAY OKAY

Margot couldn't say she was ecstatic, but her trip gave her something to look forward to.

It was a short-term goal she could achieve and succeed. Margot prepared her trip as if it were the last. She brought a ton of books and maps. No, Margot didn't want to miss one sightseeing spot on vacation. She rented her apartment on Airbnb.

Margot hesitated between staying in a luxury hotel in the capital and living the backpacker experience in the outskirts. Finally, she settled for the complete local experience because of her exchanges with her room's owner. One of the old lady's grandchildren replied to her inquiries. Margot was touched when the person said their gran would cook her meals and someone from their family would be her tour guide.

The old lady even made a list of things Margot would need. Touched by the kind intent, Margot decided to book her stay in the mini bamboo bungalow Oasis close to one of the beaches.

"Gloria, please stop looking at me like that. I told you I was going on vacation. I told you to see if you could come with me."

Gloria's lip drooped, "Why didn't you tell me this six months ago, huh? I would have saved up. You dropped it like an A-bomb, like boom, shake, shake the room."

Margot cocked a brow, "I didn't know Nathan, and I would split that he'd get with his mistress and make my baby star in their show biz life. This is my meltdown vacation. Please respect my breakdown. Let me vacay in peace, okay?"

Gloria looked about the supermarket and smiled at the people who stared at Margot's loud, revendicative piece," Okay, Chill, Mama, chill."

Margot pushed the cart and grabbed a packet of face cotton pads.

"You should take this as well," Gloria said, waving a packet of king-size Durex Feeling Extra in front of Margot's face.

Margot shook her head, "Put that back, Gloria."

"What, Margot, you never know. Your vacay might unlock your lotus flower," Gloria said, opening her arms and closing her eyes as if she were exercising an asana.

"Gloria, I'm unable to feel any excitement or desire. My lotus is as dry as a menopause dessert."

"Stop it, Margot. I'm sure all you need is the right type of gardener. You need one that's good with his hands, fingers, and hose. I swear you'll be howling for joy with the right gardener. He'll water you, and you'll glow up."

"It's not an emergency. For the moment, I want to go on holiday and unwind," Margot lifted a finger in front of Gloria's mouth, "and don't say I can do it with sex."

"You might meet someone."

Margot resumed pushing the cart, "I doubt it. And even if I do, I won't sleep with them. Sex isn't enough. I need to connect with someone intellectually and spiritually. Even then, I doubt that I'll be in for it,"

"Man, Nathan really messed you up."

"It's not him. It's something more profound than that. I don't exactly appreciate sex, and I don't miss it at all."

Margot came to this conclusion, and since she felt better. She understood that her body rejected Nathan. The vaginismus she experienced and the pain were the warning signs.

"I don't believe you. It makes no sense."

"Margot shrugged, "it does. It's just that your over-sexualized mind can't accept that someone nowadays isn't interested in it."

"Tell me, you're not crossing the river, are you? I like the heterosexual you."

Margot stopped pushing the cart and turned to look at Gloria, "I'm not sure I'm heterosexual."