ODD MAGIC

Margot wished to move out progressively while Vanity directly rented a van saying it was an early birthday present and it was time to Move on like Toni Braxton featuring her.

"Should I wrap this up too?" Vanity asked. For her, the sooner Margot left better.

"No, it was a present I gave him."

Vanity looked around the living room. Margot wished to take nothing, and she kept using the pretext that the objects were gifts she gave Nathan, meaning she could not take them back. "Margot, you brought every damn thing in this room. Tell me what you want?"

Finally, only Margot's wardrobe filled the van and blocked the whole space. The woman refused to have anything else.

"It's just material things," she said and shrugged at the apartment.

Both Vanity and Rashan agreed to say perhaps it was a good idea to leave everything behind as she did her relationship with Nathan. Who knew maybe the objects could jinx her new start.

"You know white magic exists, babe," Vanity said as she drove.

"You mean good magic."

"Huh, why does good magic need to be white? No, I'm talking about white people's witchcraft. Who knows, perhaps Nathan got those charms that boost attraction," Vanity emphasized without letting her gaze wander off from the road.

"You're crazy."

"Rashan," Vanity said for backup.

"True, aunty, the Halliwell's arent a myth. Witchcraft is almost legit a job. Tiktok is full of modern-day self-proclaimed witches. Some people believe they're meeting with the classic foreseer, while others know. You can't imagine the number of celebrities and public personalities who meet those people and ask for them to be irresistible or even just to have more followers on socials," Rashan said from the back seat while sending out her Tweets.

"I swear you peeps are crazy," Margot said, wondering since when Vanity believed Nathan did such things.

Despite her words, Margot knew one couldn't accept the existence of the greater good without acknowledging the reality of evil.

Everything and everyone had a dark side. Nathan revealed himself when their story ended, but he had already shown her multiple shades. He had no gray zone. Nathan was black at heart from Margot's standpoint.

Margot's move only took the day.

Twenty minutes later, Vanity parked in front of Margot's new home.

"Sista, is this a palace or what?" Vanity exclaimed in front of the structure.

"Wait until you see inside."

"Oh my god, you've got to tell me how you got this?"

"It's a long story," Margot began.

"Gurl, we have all our time. Go ahead."

Margot explained the owner had moved to Thailand with his husband. They had a guesthouse and a restaurant there. The couple was picky about who they wanted to live there, and Mr. Papouiller said she and Rashan were the ideal tenants. Margot didn't seek to know more all she retained was she had a home and what a place. The ceiling was high, the spaces vast. One just wanted to create things in it.

When she lifted the blinds, she had a clear view of the canal. Margot already herself jogging along the canal's side or feeding ducks with Diva.

Diva.

Margot felt she abandoned her child when one would be tempted to say Diva let her down. Daddy's little girl stuck by the man who could give her all, believing she would gain all of his attention. The girl could not suspect what her dad had in store.