WHATTA MAN

While Margot tried to sort out her sexuality, Nathan retrieved his. Three days was all it took for Rina to invite Nathan to her place.

After a takeaway meal, they sat down to talk. The two hadn't had the time, or at least Rina didn't. She filmed her show's next season, and her schedule was tight. Gone were the days when she had five minutes on the screen as the biracial best friend or mean girl.

Yes, Rina had to go through the motions of the stereotypical roles and sentences, "can't you be more ghetto-like real. You've got to be more Cynthia-ish. You know she's precious and wealthy. She's got slick hair because her life is slick and smooth."

Rina was compliant. She didn't want to get pushed to the sidewalk in a cramped movie world where strangely enough, there was always room for one more.

And when she landed this one-season-only role in this teen fantasy series, the girl hung on to dear life, hoping something better would come along. Rina had no friends during that time as most became rivals at auditions. All she had was her French man. And what a man he was at the time?

Nathan was a model she followed on Facebook before getting his Instagram. Rina used the strategy where she followed people who had the hype, praying some shine would rub off on her. So she was virtually friends with any model, comedian, or influencer around the globe. As crazy as it was, only Nathan became a real friend. He listened to her whims and encouraged her. Rina found herself falling for the Frenchie, and then they met. Nathan was perfect; the man seemed conjured up to her liking. Life and her ambition got in the way. It took five years for her career to take off, but now she was the star, and Nathan came Knocking.

Yes, Rina should have kicked Nathan to the curb and reminded him how he disappeared without notice. Well, she sort of did with her own words.

"You hurt me back then, Nathan."

"I know, I was a dick. I was young, and I guess I wasn't ready to settle down."

"But you went ahead and had a kid," Rina said, taking a sip of her Chardonnay.

Nathan shrugged and sighed, "things just happened. I didn't see myself bailing out on her or telling you. What kind of man would that make me? ㅡI was a coward."

Nathan omitted to explain he was the one who brought up kids and wanted to have them with Margot, just as he left out the part of how he slammed the door on her after accusing Margot of trapping him with her pregnancy before begging her to stay with him.

There with Rina, he took the easiest route. Nathan swore he'd be honest and dedicated if the woman let him back into her life.

"Tell me, Nathan, what do you expect from this? I mean, I'm busy. My job takes up a lot of my time. It's my priority."

"I just want to give us another chance." The man said and took her hand in his. "All these years, I had the impression of having walked down the wrong lane. Don't you ever feel that way? I should have taken the last u-turn."

If Rina were honest, she would admit that she did feel that way, and it was precisely the reason why she accepted his calls and let him in her home.

"Nathan, I don't want to go through the hurt again." The woman shook her head and pulled her hand away, "I don't have time for the boys-to-men inner struggles. I don't want to babysit you or play homies."

"I'm sorry, Rina, I won't hurt you again."

The man leaned forward, cupped her face in his hands, and kissed her.

It was one of those scenes that would have Diva scrunch her face in disgust.

Not used to seeing a demonstration of PDA by her parents, the child would be more repulsed to see her father kiss another woman.