DOCTOR SUCKS

Doctor Sok's mouth fell open, the man did not expect such a vivid reaction, and "may I ask you why?"

"Do you have kids?"

"No."

There was the cue Margot waited for to expose her grievances, "okay, pregnancy is a shitty moment, labor destroys your vagina. You find yourself asking why I should be nice for what? A child who says she hates you when you forget to buy her strawberry Yop. A guy who convinced you he would be with you every step of the way, which you find playing at Red Dead Redemption II while you have to cook the evening meal and struggle with your child's lessons. No, procreation will be without me, thank you."

"So, you have contraception."

"I have an IUD, and I ask him to wear a rubber coat. Anyway, it doesn't matter now since we have sex every six months."

"Say what?" The Doctor blurted, unable to control himself. He quickly regained composure," Is-is your guy okay with that? I mean, are you scared of having sex because you are afraid of being pregnant?"

The scientist inside of the Doctor awoke, Margot intrigued him. She didn't seem like the type of woman to have sex issues. There had to be a logical answer, thought the Doctor. Margot aroused the man's curiosity as he realized the loss of libido was not a myth. He desired to know more.

Margot grabbed her chair's armrests while her eyes looked around the room, suspiciously in panic, "no, it isn't that."

The Doctor relaxed his shoulders, and Margot slumped back on the chair, "I can't."

"You can't what?"

"Have sex?"

"Why?"

Margot shrugged, "because I don't want to do it. No, Let me rephrase, I don't desire to."

"Do you know why?"

"What do you mean by do you know why? I know I prefer a good night's sleep to a legs-up. I just don't want to have sex anymore. Excuse me, are you supposed to ask me all this?"

"Miss Nzuma, my job is to see if you are healthy enough to endorse the responsibilities related to your job. I must make sure you are well both psychically and mentally."

"Hold up; there's nothing wrong with my mind. I mean, a woman doesn't want to have sex, and it becomes a mental disorder."

"I'm not saying there is, but you seem tired. You appear to be out of love."

"I never said that. My foyer has no problems; I'm happyㅡ."

Doctor Sok leaned forward and clutched his hands together, "listen, Miss Nzuma, can I be honest with you?"

Margot closed her mouth and leaned forward.

"Okay, I think you are suffering from extreme fatigue. Everything you told me so far makes me believe you could be heading to burnout station."

"I said, I' mㅡ."

"Do you always do this?"

"Do what?"

"Cut in on explanations?" The Doctor said as he imagined how Margot's conversations with her lover went. He hoped the man knew how to express himself; otherwise, Margot would eat him up alive in an argument.

"I'm okay, doc. I'm a happy, go-lucky, thirty-ish black woman with everything a woman of my age usually wishes to have. I don't want to have sex because I just have a low libido."

Doctor Sok's brows formed a V inwards as they wrinkled into a frown, Margot did not know him well, but the man seemed crossed with her. The fast typing and how the Doctor pushed back his chair to get up and pick up the prints that slid out of the printer confirmed the theory.

"Alright, miss, Nzuma, when was the last time you saw a gynecologist?"

"I'm not sure, June 2013, I think."

Unable to remain neutral in front of the revelation, the Doctor chuckled, "what, you say you don't want a child, and you have an IUD since then. Okay," now he scribbled on the prints. "I want to see you in three, no make it two months, by then you'll have to visit your gynecologist, practice some sport or leisure, also I advise you to meet a psychologist."

"Whatㅡ, listen, doctor Socks, my head is magnificent. I don't see why I should see a psychologist because I'm not doing nightly horse riding lessons."

The Doctor cocked an eyebrow, "this isn't about your sex life, but about you and the projects you have for yourself. I mean, don't you even want to know why you don't have any desire to sleep with your partner? Perhaps it's not your libido; maybe you don't desire him because you don't see him as a soul mate anymore. These things happen; it's healthy to want to know why. Something is preventing you from getting a good night's sleep; you need to know the cause. I wouldn't be a good physician if I did not recommend you take up some actions for your well being."

"Iㅡ," Margot stammered, "will you be paying for this because those sessions cost?"

"Doctor's gaze shifted to Margot's boots. How much are your shoes?"

"Two hundred and twenty-nine Euros."

The Doctor shifted his gaze to Margot's wrist, "and your bracelet?"

"Three hundred Euros, what's your point?"

Doctor Sok released a wintry smile, "I think you can afford it. Seeing someone with whom you can talk can help you?"

Margot got up, "hey, I don't know who you think you are,ㅡlook at this one here, the man is wearing orange Nike Internationalist with tango pink-colored chino pants, and blue shirt thinks he can give lessons on life."

"What?" Doctor Sok said, sliding his head back offended, "what does my outfit have to do with this?"

"EVERYTHING," Margot yelled, tapping on his desk, "I won't have a guy who should be purging a life sentence for a crime against fashion who just graduated tell me how to lead my life."

A slick and unwarranted smile appeared on the Doctor's face, "Miss Nzuma, you have two months if within that time frame you don't do what I ask. I'll strike your file out with a burnout stamp and ask for you to opt for a career change."

"What, are you crazy? Hey, like I've got bills, dude. I can't afford to lose my job."

The tone and words indicated Doctor Sok got on Margot's wrong side, and the woman would rinse him if he didn't sling shoot a comeback.

"You heard me," Doctor Sok said from behind his computer screen.

Margot fumed, and her nostrils flared wide like the Eurotunnel. She grabbed her bag and coat.

"Miss Nzuma."

"WHAT?"

"Don't forget your convocation," the Doctor said, stretching out his hand without turning his head from his screen.

Margot snatched the paper from him and stumped out of his office.

The slamming door of the cabinet alerted the nurse.

"Doctor, are you alright? She seemed to give you trouble," asked the nurse who rushed to his office

"No, it's nothing that I can't handle, Irina.ㅡeh Irina."

"Yes, Doctor."

"Is there something wrong with my dress sense?"

"You have brains, Doctor. No one asks a guy with brains to have dress sense," the nurse smiled and closed the door, thinking it was a close call.