PHAT MAN SCOPE

Hadrian's bachelor's party and Corine's bachelorette, two festivities that had nothing to do with one another, but we're on the brink of making elements collide.

Margot would have skipped the pole dancing lesson, but Rashan was all excited.

The initiation wasn't so bad, and Margot wondered how she should take the instructor's words when she said Margot would be the perfect stripper.

"It's a compliment, aunty. It just means you've got the elasticity and acrobatics."

Tatiana, the burlesque dancer, also had a similar compliment for Margot, who noted the bachelorette wasn't happy about the attention everyone was giving her. Thus Margot toned down on her moves and let her friend shine. It was Corinne's moment, after all.

Doctor Coduray's words also came to mind. Not having high libido doesn't mean you can't be a sensual being. On the contrary, you might even be more than most people, as sensuality pushes one to explore new realms.

It was true; Margot enjoyed the activities Corinne prepared for her bachelorette. The idea of teasing, arousing, and discovering her body's aptitudes was satisfying. Perhaps it was because Margot didn't feel judged, and she knew there were no stakes.

Most of Corine's friends were chill, unlike the mean girls she enjoyed hanging out with back in high school. There were a few familiar faces among the guests, and of course, Margot couldn't escape the how is Nathan questions, just as Rashan couldn't dodge the ones concerning her gender.

"Wow, I can't believe you and Nathan are separated," Anita, a friend Nathan and Margot had in common, said.

"That man is so fine. I swear if I ever cross the river, I'll need to find me a white man just like him," Sonia, a former colleague, and school friend, added.

Margot wondered if she should at least warn them about pretty packages. Nathan was hot, but that was about it. The woman acknowledged what she had always known, that she got had by the looks like a debutant. One's aspect was a start but not a finality. She thought most people her age knew that.

Margot shrugged, "it's life."

"What's the reason?" Antia pursued.

"I guess we grew out of love."

Margot didn't feel the need or desire to expose her story. It was neither the time nor the place. Also, she wanted to avoid reeling in more attention. She hoped they would get around to the venue and dance rounds soon.

While Margot tried to keep her public face up before the inquisition, Charya accompanied Fay to the airport.

"So, at what time is the venue?"

"It starts at 10 PM. I'll join the guys at the Flaubert. We planned to have a few drinks before going there."

Fay smiled, "I can't believe Hadrian is getting married first. I always thought it would be us."

Silence filled the car, and Charya's heart tightened. The effect was a recent one. The man's heart contracted and pinched whenever someone spoke of their union.

The anxiety was getting worse, and Charya could not feign to ignore it any longer. He had to do something but what?

He took a glance at Fay; he loved her. He was sure of his feelings.

Why did he have the impression he was acting against his will?

Charya had always had marriage in mind when they began their relationship.

Why wasn't he willing and happy?

Was there a possibility for Fay not to be the woman of his life?

He refuted the idea that would mean he wasted her time and his.