Chapter 24

Fast forward a few crazy months and Elijah was now five months old, the time flew by quickly. He's starting to babble to himself a lot and he's starting to bum shuffle across the floor which to you and Loki was quiet amusing.

Tony just threw yet another party to congratulate you on the birth of Elijah, yes he was five months late but any excuse to party right? And it was even better because now you could actually have a drink and dance with Nat and Wanda instead of sitting around drinking orange juice all evening.

You was just about to leave the party all that was left to do was go and get Elijah from Pepper as she was babysitting him. You said your goodbyes to everyone and then made your way home.

*At home*

Lucky for you Elijah fell asleep in the car so all you had to do was put him in his crib and then you could relax for the evening, since he now sleeps through the whole night you and Loki moved his crib back into the nursery so at least one of you could get a goodnights sleep.

You walked into the house and immediately put Elijah down in hopes he didn't wake and thankfully he didn't.

After you put him to bed you made your way to your room to get changed into some comfier clothes and removed your make-up. Once you did all of that you made your way back to the living room to sit down with Loki on the couch.

Upon entry you saw the fire burning and Loki looking ever so peaceful sleeping, you tried your best not to wake him but plopping down on the couch woke him up, he didn't looked annoyed though so that was a good thing.

"Sorry I woke you" You apologised.

Loki smiled at you as he pulled you into his arms hugging you on the couch, you laid there for awhile in complete silence it was a complete bliss. In the two years you've been together you still got butterflies every time you looked at him.

"Loki?" You spoke quietly not wanting to disturb the peace.

He didn't speak but he looked at you in a way to let you know he is acknowledging the fact you are speaking. His head tilted and his eyes dilated as he looked at you, somethings never change.

"I was thinking, why don't we go home. Live on Asgard until Elijah is older?"

Loki sat up almost in excitement. "Are you being serious?"

You giggled, "Yes I'm being serious"

Loki hugged you tighter, "This is amazing! Elijah gets to see home"

"Some ones home sick" You joked.

"To be honest dear I am rather fed up of all the parties and celebrations, I'd much rather be raising Elijah back at home with my beautiful wife by my side"

"Awww Loki" You smiled sweetly as you placed a gentle kiss on his lips.

"So when do you want to go?" Loki was clearly eager to leave.

"Tomorrow?" Clearly you were too.

"Tomorrow it is, we can go back to HQ and say our final goodbyes and then head home"

"Sounds perfect" You added.

"Great! Now my dear if you don't mind, I was sleeping when you came in and I intend to sleep again" He laughed.

The both of you didn't move off the couch but instead grabbed some blankets and put a film on, you laid in between Loki's legs so your head was resting on his torso and he wrapped his arms around your shoulders. As the film was slowly coming to an end and you noticed Loki was asleep you decided to turn the TV off and get some sleep yourself in order to have the energy for tomorrow.