twenty two

26 weeks pregnant

The truck enters the driveway and stops in front of the door. We are getting the furniture for the nurseries today. Harry called Liam and Louis to help us since they were both in London this week. The boys are outside while I wait inside the house. They've forbidden me to carry heavy things because Harry once read that it can hurt the baby. I don't really know how it can hurt them but I've decided to listen to him. So instead of working, I'm drinking my apricot juice, watching the guys carrying the big boxes.

"Which room do I put that in?" Louis asks me, carrying the paint pots and all the paint brushes.

"These go upstairs, I can take them." I grab them from his hands. "Here."

We emptied the two guest bedrooms and the floor is covered by a plastic tarpaulin. The bedrooms are right across each other in the hallway. We decided that it was better for them to have their own bedroom, even if at the beginning they can't really tell if they're alone or not. I look around, imagining toys on the floor and the crib with its mobile.

" Babe, are you okay ?" I hadn't noticed that Harry was upstairs too. Two boxes are at his feet.

" Yes. This is going is the orange room. I can try to build it if you want. I can't be that hard." I start to open the boxes and spread all the pieces of the crib on the floor.

" Darling I'll do it after. I'm just going to get all the boxes out with the guys and then we'll start building it." He touches my shoulder.

I shrug. " But I feel useless. I need to do something but you don't want me to do anything !" I take his hand as he helps me get up.

" It's not that I don't want you to do anything.. It's just I know you don't sleep well and I think you should rest." I raise my eyebrows.

" Yes Violet I've heard you. I know you haven't slept well since two days. I may look like I'm sleeping but I'm not. I've heard you reading every night."

I step back, feeling a little nauseous. My head is spinning. Harry helps me to sit. He leans down so that his face is at my level.

" Are you okay ? Do you need anything ?"

" Yes, just my head spinning a little. Can you get me a bottle of water please ?" Harry rushes downstairs. I hear him coming back and he gives me the bottle.

" You need to rest love. What's preoccupying you so much that you can't sleep ?" He pulls me in his chest and wrap his arms around me.

" I don't know. I wish I did.." I close my eyes and bury my face is his chest.

Louis and Liam enters the room. They look worried. At their place I'd be too. Imagine entering your room and seeing your best friend holding his girlfriend on the floor.

" We just wanted to ask where we should start. All of the furniture is out of the truck. He left."

I get up and clap my hands to give myself a little courage. " Start by the cribs ? Please."

They nod their heads and exit the room to go in the other baby room. Harry gets up too and hold me.

" You can go rest, we're taking care of everything." He whispers before kissing my forehead.

I go to the bedroom and fall asleep.

I'm woken up by Harry shaking me slowly. I open my eyes and look at the time. I slept five hours ? Well that was a long nap. I put a big sweater over my tank top and take my glasses to look at the TV.

" So, we have a surprise for you ! C'mon." Harry takes my hand and leads me to the bedrooms of the girls. Louis and Liam are both standing in front of the door, smiling.

" Here is, the sunshine room !" Louis opens the door.

The yellow room is beautiful, they painted a rainbow on one of the walls and put the crib against it. They put a mobile over the crib and next to the crib there is the changing table. Next to the door, there is a chest of drawers with some clothes in it. There is some of the onesies that Harry bought weeks ago, I think the other one are in the other room. They put a cute teddy bear on the chest of drawers. There is a huge carpet on the floor, a white one very soft and fluffy.

Then, they show me the orange room. The placement of the furniture is the same but instead of a rainbow on the wall, they painted a lot of different flowers; tulips, roses, chrysanthemums, dahlias.. They also put a rocking chair in a corner of each room so that Harry and I can sit there if we need to wait for the girls to fall asleep.

" Guys.. This is amazing ! It's beyond everything I could have ever asked for ! Thank you so much !" I hug them all and kiss their cheek.

" Well now I hope we get to be the godfather's. I mean we did the decoration of their bedrooms didn't we ?" Louis says, punching Harry in the arms playfully.

" We'll have to see about that. I don't want Zayn and Niall to say we prefer you."

" But we are your favorite, everyone know that." Liam shrugs his shoulders.

I laugh and go sit in the rocking chair to test it. " So if we aren't the godfathers, who are the godmothers ?" Louis asks.

" My best friend Millie that you met during the baby gender reveal, and Gemma."

" What about your sister ?" Harry turns his head in confusion.

" She knows that she isn't going to be the godmother and she's okay with it. We aren't that close and since she lives in New York that would mean that one of the girls wouldn't get to have her godmother close so I thought Millie should be it."

Harry nods.

" Let's have a drink ! Do you guys want to stay for dinner ?" I ask Louis and Liam who both nod. We all go sit in the living room and talk about life. My phone rings, it's kendall trying to face time.

" You can answer you know." Liam says, taking a sip of his beer.

" I'll tell her that I'll call her back tomorrow." I take my phone and text Kendall.

To : Kendall
Hey ! I can't reply tonight Louis and Liam are having dinner with us. We just finished the girls room's I'll show you tomorrow ! Xx

I press send, my phone chimes ten seconds later.

From : Kendall
No problem. Can't wait to see :) See you !

I close my phone and leave it in the kitchen.

" It was Kendall ?" Harry looks at me.

" Yes, I told her I'd call her tomorrow."

" You and Kendall are friends ?" Louis asks, seeming surprised.

" Since the baby shower they've been calling every week ! I bet you know her phone number and you can't even remember mine." Harry says playfully.

" Yes I know her number because it's easier than yours. Plus, I live here so I never have to be on the phone with you."

He shrugs his shoulders. " Fair enough "

We stopped talking about Kendall and the boys started talking about their careers. They're all so cute when they talk about what they love. I can see that their eyes are shining when they are talking about instruments or their lyrics.

Im so grateful that this gets to be my life.